• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Urban Terror 4.2 Release Date Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#181 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:04 PM

Your forumname is authname, not ingame name except if you choosed to play with same name (like me) And somewhere on this website you should be able to make nicknames, its offline for long time and i think they will bring it back since there are already a dew posts about the authnme and nickname (or they have a ingame menu system to make ingame names, idk)

#182 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:17 AM

As many of you know, the 4.2 release date announcement party has been and gone. What a night!

If you missed out, you can still watch some of the footage: 4.2 release announcement party

#183 User is offline   pwngej00lius Icon

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:00 AM

View Posts.e.t.i., on 30 July 2012 - 01:15 PM, said:

Divinity, we have managed major releases in the past. We take a few weeks to prepare these things, we have some experience here. Everybody will be able to get the release just fine. You are just going to have to have some fayth that we use more than one server.

Courgette was not added to the FrozenSand team. As Barbatos said, he was added to the QA team so that he could gain access to the release in order for him to adjust the B3 log parsing to accommodate the changes. Barbatos was in the middle of his final exams week and he was still logging in hours to complete his project. You can't expect him to dedicate his personal time to your every question. He had a thousand other things he needed to juggle in order to get this out the door. He also had to juggle all of our own questions internally!

GitHub is pretty easy to use. Any of your coder friends could have easily answered your question on how to use it. There are extensive help pages there.

We are a private little development team, we enjoy hanging out together and most of all we enjoy the bits and pieces we all add to this game. We all do this with our spare time, we do not have a schedule of regular releases nor will we ever. We do take into consideration the suggestions the community makes, and also suggestions from the leagues which affect competitive play. What we do not have is a Urt Steering Committee which defines the direction we want the game to take. FS is capable of making these decisions internally, in fact I think most would be surprised the lengths we go to in discussing some ideas that have come from the community.

I hope this clears it all up and get all your questions answered in a simple post. We hope you are as excited as we are for the release.

WE ARE.

been at this waiting game for a while. Looking forward to pwning j00 f00ls 6 ways from tuesday!!!

#184 User is offline   Saz Icon

• Account: saz
  • Main tag: -WAR-

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:42 AM

View Postthelionroars, on 31 July 2012 - 12:17 AM, said:

As many of you know, the 4.2 release date announcement party has been and gone. What a night!

If you missed out, you can still watch some of the footage: 4.2 release announcement party

oh lion ;)

#185 User is offline   s.e.t.i. Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer
  • Account: seti

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

View Postd1i1g1i1t1a1l, on 30 July 2012 - 10:22 PM, said:

So I dug through the first ten pages or so of this thread and finally cried uncle (or got tired of server owners arguing about auth, either way...)

What I was looking for and didn't find is whether there's an official FAQ posted on 4.2, particularly with regard to specifics about auth, new weaps, maps, etc. Or are we going to wait for release day to learn all this fun stuff?

Also, is there any chance I can get the pipes back into my username? The ones are a bit dorky :ph34r:

(edit: it's amusing to see myself as a "newbie player" after all these years. Guess I should have paid attention when the forum migration was happening.

Hey D|i|g|i|t|a|l. Long time no see man. 4.2 Changelog is what you're looking for. Mostly bug fixes, the big release is the new hitcode and player models.

Unsure about the pipes. You might ask RaideR, he's the resident administrator.
Cheers... s.e.t.i.
[img]http://www.urbanterr...ers/13.0.80.png[/img]

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#186 User is offline   GhostBuster Icon

• Account: ghostbuster

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:48 AM

cool im looking forward getting the update!
sounds intresting :)

but the jump animaitions i saw are fkn bad!
UrT HD is WORST then 4.1.1 cuase it looks really bAD

This post has been edited by ghostbuster: 02 August 2012 - 12:50 AM

#187 User is offline   Todd Icon

• Account: todd

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:47 AM

Are you referring to the latest update on animation? See http://www.urbanterr...and-animations/
Looks fine to me.

#188 User is offline   Saz Icon

• Account: saz
  • Main tag: -WAR-

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:40 AM

Will 4.2 be available on Friday for Australians? Or will we have to wait until it's Friday in USA etc?

#189 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |PWNY|

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

View PostSaz, on 02 August 2012 - 06:40 AM, said:

Will 4.2 be available on Friday for Australians? Or will we have to wait until it's Friday in USA etc?

you'll have to wait until its released from the same time world wide, its not going to be released earlier because you are in a different timezone.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL15 · 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 NMVE · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#190 User is offline   cjoke Icon

• Account: cjoke

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

Unix binaries ftw! ;-) and I hope you got dma_HD in this binary, cause I got used to it while using the ioq3-urt. Its nice beeing able too pinpoint players noise using your ears :-)

seta dmaHD_interpolation "3"
seta dmaHD_mixer "10"
seta dmaHD_enable "1"

cjoke

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942