• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror 4.3.1 HOTFIX RELEASE Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Lagtronics Icon

• Account: lagtronics
  • Main tag: Loul|

Posted 08 October 2016 - 04:09 PM

Game's still unplayable at high ping. Hit registration is completely broken, and everything seems to be calculated server sided now. I shouldn't have to predict where the viewmodel is half a second later in order to hit.

I've complained about this before, but it seems that nobody actually noticed. If anyone wants to try it out themselves, play at a 300+ ping server in 4.2 and in 4.3 and compare the difference.

#33 User is offline   stcahavoc Icon

• Account: stcahavoc

Posted 08 October 2016 - 08:20 PM

Hello,
Normally I do not post on forums but i do follow them for information etc.
Since the release of 4.3 I like many others have had FPS issues. from 125 to 40, sometimes lower. Almost unplayable. I have blood off, brass off etc etc. I tried all the normal things,
snaps, lowering fps settings, packets, rate, and so on. the hotfix has not helped at all.

Phenom 2 6 core 2.7 ghz, 12 gig ram, win 10, AMD Radeon HD7900 3 gig ddr5

Before i ran max, even tried the lowest settings this time, no luck.
It almost seems as the hotfix helped NVidia players but not alot of AMD ones i have spoke with.
Any thoughts would be appreciated. Very Frustrated with my game play :(
HAVOC

#34 User is offline   bArgh Icon

• Account: bargh

Posted 09 October 2016 - 12:52 AM

Yep, I second Lagtronics' observation. The game is unplayable at higher pings. I usually play on an FA server and my hits are significantly down compared to 4.2.23 version. My ping to the server is in 250-300 range and my FPS is mostly 125. Playing the game on a 64-bit Linux distro on a computer with i5 CPU, Nvidia 1GB video card, 8GB RAM.

It feels like my rate of fire depends on my ping, the greater the ping the lower rate of fire. Almost impossible to hit anything that is moving with AK in auto mode. There is a very slight improvement when using a weapon with a higher rate of fire, such as M4. Hitting a moving target with SR8 is a pure luck. There were instances I scored kills with various weapons when my crosshair wasn't on targets. Try playing on 250+ ping servers and these issues will be obvious.

#35 User is offline   stcahavoc Icon

• Account: stcahavoc

Posted 09 October 2016 - 01:48 AM

I actually would like to reply with bargh.. I have played against him and with him many matches. He aims very well, and his play is smart. I thought nothing of it really, simply blaming it on my lag but at times i have hit players with a bullet when the player was no where near my aim/dot (due to the warping all over ). I thought it was my lagged play. The hit box was way out of place. Mind you i have a good ping on the FA server i play on, but that does not mean the guy I am aiming at does.

This post has been edited by stcahavoc: 09 October 2016 - 01:53 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   kenchu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: kenchu
  • Main tag: NED|

Posted 09 October 2016 - 12:13 PM

View Poststcahavoc, on 08 October 2016 - 08:20 PM, said:

Hello,
Normally I do not post on forums but i do follow them for information etc.
Since the release of 4.3 I like many others have had FPS issues. from 125 to 40, sometimes lower. Almost unplayable. I have blood off, brass off etc etc. I tried all the normal things,
snaps, lowering fps settings, packets, rate, and so on. the hotfix has not helped at all.

Phenom 2 6 core 2.7 ghz, 12 gig ram, win 10, AMD Radeon HD7900 3 gig ddr5

Before i ran max, even tried the lowest settings this time, no luck.
It almost seems as the hotfix helped NVidia players but not alot of AMD ones i have spoke with.
Any thoughts would be appreciated. Very Frustrated with my game play :(
HAVOC

I have a NVidia but the hotfix didnt help me aswell.

#37 User is offline   kenchu Icon

•   clan leader   

Posted 09 October 2016 - 06:54 PM

Is FS going to try to fix these fps issues ?

#38 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 09 October 2016 - 09:57 PM

There was the 4.3.1 hotfix to fix the major fps issue within less than one week, so i guess there will be a fix for this issue related to sv_snaps 60 as well.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#39 User is offline   kenchu Icon

•   clan leader   

Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:05 AM

I am not talking about the snaps. I am talking about the FPS issues. Apparently it hasnt been fixed for everyone.

#40 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:44 AM

yeah well, i just threw those into one. (and actually i just learned that those heavy fps drops are still a thing in themselfs)

But i think you can be sure those things are being looked into.

The best thing to do would be opening a github issue with all the information you can provide (including your specs/setup) so it gets centralized. ( i see those reports in about 3 threads right now). Granted there possibly already is one.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942