Advertisement
  • (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Advanced keybind question Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   N o i r (old) Icon

• LocationIn the pool of MUDDY water, where the sun sets.

Posted 17 June 2004 - 11:17 PM

mousewheel > all =) for me anyway :P

But you have to check everytime for what weapon you are selecting, and mouse wheel is not precise. And even if you learn the weapon sequence, what if you drop a weapon and pick up another one? You can't be sure of what you'll get in your hands unless you check, and moving your focus away from the action can result in getting yourself killed.
Really, after I get used to this layout my mind no longer has to take an active role in weapon switching, so I can just concentrate on aiming at your head =)

#42 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 18 June 2004 - 07:01 PM

With that system you got there you might just as well do a toggle key for primary/secondary and one for sidearm/grenades
takes 3 buttons that always have the same meaning, which does seem a bit more practical then changing the keys depending on what weapon you're holding...

#43 User is offline   kramer (old) Icon

Posted 19 June 2004 - 03:44 AM

well Im glad you have an imagination about what type of weapon change bind is appropriate for you

#44 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 19 June 2004 - 03:19 PM

Well when I scroll up I get my primary EVERY time, and when I scroll down I get my secondary EVERY time :P

To NoLogic: bindings that have a different effect when you press them depending on the situation is the epitomy of too complex. Especially when there is no way to see what the current situation is besides memory :o It's a poor design practice even... :|

Nologic, what editor do you use, I use EditPlus, and I have a color coding file for quake3 configs :P

#45 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 19 June 2004 - 03:36 PM

fiy, on linux most editors have color syntaxing for quake3 and similar game configs...

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   Nologic (old) Icon

• LocationSeattle, Washington USA

Posted 23 June 2004 - 02:48 PM

heh editors...I use a shit load of them....tho most are so I can see what other guys are up to.

List:
Boxer
Crimson Editor
EditPad Pro
EditPlus
EditPro
EmEditor
GWD
LightPad
metapad
NoteTab
PolyEdit
Programmers Notepad
SciTE
TextPad
UltraEdit

I mostly use UltraEdit and SciTE at this point but as my editor Script Studio develop's more fully I'll be switching to it as a main stay editor.

Actually I think I released some syntax files for Edit Plus and another editor that covered Q3A and UrT 3.0...they should be linked to in the DesRat forum. Mine still needed some work...but where mostly there.

I was at one point going to do up syntax files for all the above editors that would use external syntax files...but there didn't seem to be a lot of interest and well its time consuming work plus boring as hell. ;)

Heh as for my last weapon system...hmm think you would have to try it for a few days...its not to hard to know whats coming from a certain key press...mine may seem complex but really its not...and depending on your playing style...it might be the better setup.

Hehe like always a script that works for one person...maybe very wrong for another.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942