Advertisement
  • (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Advanced keybind question Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   N o i r (old) Icon

• LocationIn the pool of MUDDY water, where the sun sets.

Posted 04 June 2004 - 02:52 PM

Ok, some time ago I developed a new weapon switching system, isntead then the old weap_prev - weap_next which I always used.

The main reason behind this is that, after I pick up someone else's weapon, the weapon order that I've always know changes, and I am no longer able to pick up the right weapon at the right time without WATCHING the weapon bar (and losing precious % of my concentration which can result in getting myself killed).

It is a state-based, order-independent, 2 keys switching system; basically it works like this:

Posted Image

That is, if I am using a sidearm or a secondary I only need one tap to go to primary and two taps to go to grenades; simmetrically, if I have grens or primary I need one tap in the opposite direction to switch to secondary and two taps to go to sidearm; I draw knives with K and from the knife state I switch to the other status normally.

The binds:
// _______________________________________________________________________________________
// (== N o i r's WEAPON SYSTEM ========================================================)
// ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
set primary "set weap_right vstr grenades; set weap_left vstr secondary; ut_weaptoggle primary; ut_echo Primary"
set secondary"set weap_right vstr primary; set weap_left vstr sidearm; ut_weaptoggle secondary; ut_echo Secondary"
set sidearm "set weap_right vstr primary; set weap_left vstr secondary; ut_weaptoggle sidearm; ut_echo Sidearm"
set grenades "set weap_right vstr primary; set weap_left vstr secondary; weapon 11; weapon 13; ut_echo Grenades"
set knife "set weap_right vstr primary; set weap_left vstr secondary; weapon 1; ut_echo Knife!"

set weap_knife "vstr knife"
bind w "vstr weap_left"
bind r "vstr weap_right"
bind k "vstr weap_knife"
vstr primary
set weap_left vstr secondary
set weap_right vstr grenades

(I use w and r to switch left-right and k to get knives)

The problem:

Here comes the question.
After a while I use this system, I am UNABLE to switch to sidearm; you can try by yourself, after 2-3 minutes of switching weapons, after the 2nd tap in the left direction, you will get one of those two messages: unknown command 0 or unknown command 1.

And this won't fix until I re-execute the binding script again, which works fine for other 2-3 minutes. Now, it is EXTREMELY annoying to empty my Mp5k clip, switching to sidearm, can't switch to sidearm, I get shot... too bad I have no clue about what can cause this problem! Since the script is completely simmetric, I should get the same problem also in the right direction, e.g., failing to get grenades once in a while: but it never happens and it always works as it is supposed to do.

Asked in my local italian forums but no one seems to have a clue. Any hypothesis?

#2 Guest_Wil Badger

Posted 04 June 2004 - 03:08 PM

boy that is an odd one .first thought would be how do you have it loading .is it in an auto cfg or is it in a custom cfg that you execute?

#3 User is offline   Xavier (old) Icon

• LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 04 June 2004 - 04:42 PM

my weap bind is 1,2,3,4,5, and mousewheel =] thats all. i think thats simple enough.

#4 User is offline   N o i r (old) Icon

Posted 04 June 2004 - 05:24 PM

I execute it manually everytime, and I re-execute that weapon bind only when sidearm gets fux0re.d

#5 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 04 June 2004 - 05:37 PM

I gues we have to wait for nologic, cuz he rulez at this stuff. This thing seems a little too complicated for me.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   BongosNaked (old) Icon

• Location\connect mulchers.dontexist.org

Posted 04 June 2004 - 05:38 PM

After a while I use this system' date=' I am UNABLE to switch to sidearm; you can try by yourself, after 2-3 minutes of switching weapons, after the 2nd tap in the left direction, you will get one of those two messages: [b']unknown command 0[/b] or unknown command 1.

And this won't fix until I re-execute the binding script again, which works fine for other 2-3 minutes. Now, it is EXTREMELY annoying to empty my Mp5k clip, switching to sidearm, can't switch to sidearm, I get shot... too bad I have no clue about what can cause this problem! Since the script is completely simmetric, I should get the same problem also in the right direction, e.g., failing to get grenades once in a while: but it never happens and it always works as it is supposed to do.

I would make the following changes:
change "weapon 11; weapon 13" to "ut_weaptoggle grenade"
change "weapon 1" to "ut_weaptoggle knife"

#7 User is offline   N o i r (old) Icon

Posted 04 June 2004 - 09:07 PM

Sorry doesn't work, there is no such thing as a "weapon_toggle grenade"

And anyway, that part of the bind works perfectly! Is the secondary-spare section which has trouble.

#8 Guest_Wil Badger

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:31 PM

here this is an off shoot of something i use it will scroll like a mouse wheel using two binds one to go up the list one to go down

and "weaptoggle grenade" is a command

set wc_01 "set cycl_f vstr wc_02;set cycl_b vstr wc_04;ut_weaptoggle primary secondary"
set wc_02 "set cycl_f vstr wc_03;set cycl_b vstr wc_01;ut_weaptoggle secondary sidearm"
set wc_03 "set cycl_f vstr wc_04;set cycl_b vstr wc_02;ut_weaptoggle sidearm grenade"
set wc_04 "set cycl_f vstr wc_01;set cycl_b vstr wc_03;ut_weaptoggle grenade primary"
set cycl_f "vstr wc_01"

bind w "vstr cycl_f"
bind r "vstr cycl_b"

unlike using the mouse wheel this order will never change

#9 Guest_Wil Badger

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:38 PM

you can also put this script to the mouse wheel so it works right everytime

oh ya you want a knife bind to huh ok just add this to the bind list

bind k "weapon 1"

#10 User is offline   BongosNaked (old) Icon

• Location\connect mulchers.dontexist.org

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:42 PM

[quote name='"N o i r"]Sorry doesn't work' date=' there is no such thing as a "weapon_toggle grenade"[/quote']
I agree with you, "weapon_toggle grenade" does not exist, but you might want to try what I suggested. :}

Will - you could change this in your script:
set wc_04 "set cycl_f vstr wc_05;set cycl_b vstr wc_03;ut_weaptoggle grenade knife"

and add this:
set wc_05 "set cycl_f vstr wc_01;set cycl_b vstr wc_04;ut_weaptoggle knife primary"

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942