Urban Terror Forums: Ann Ature's 2nd UrT Movie - Next Generation UrT - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ann Ature's 2nd UrT Movie - Next Generation UrT Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   qadn (old) Icon

• LocationEnschede, the netherlands

Posted 08 June 2004 - 10:28 AM

no problems here ^_^

and wolfseye: using / not using linux has nothing to do with it. your webserver tells the browser that it is a plain-text file. you can get around this by using save-as.

regards,

Qadn

#22 Guest_Wolfseye

Posted 08 June 2004 - 11:58 AM

Hey people. When this is like you say why did it not happen to me, and especially nothing with a Text File.

Do you think only my Computer thinks it as a video wmv file ? Unlikely, i would say. And its sure not why URBANBASE knows I am his admin :lol: ...

Fact is, its not happening on my side, so its unlikely its the Websites fault. There was never a Filetype Problem on URBANBASE and even now there is no problem.

Sorry. Can´t tell you otherwise and i would if it was the way you people say. ;)

Dont know whats happening, but it works... :roll:

Wolfseye

P.S.: It seems to be a problem with other Browsers than IE !!! So please when it is that way, and strangly it was never before !!! , just do right click and save target as.... ;)

#23 User is offline   dex Icon

• Account: dex

Posted 08 June 2004 - 02:08 PM

If I need something other than a 2.2ghz Athlon, with 1 gig of RAM, and a Ti4600, then you should think about how you encode movies...

I'm wondering if its maybe in PAL format and I need NTSC?

#24 Guest_Wolfseye

Posted 08 June 2004 - 02:32 PM

If I need something other than a 2.2ghz Athlon, with 1 gig of RAM, and a Ti4600, then you should think about how you encode movies...

I'm wondering if its maybe in PAL format and I need NTSC?

No no, i have also that kind of system. It seems other Browsers then IE have problems with some Downloads of URBANBASE. So for that just click right mouse on the DOWNLOAD and save target as... ;)

It works that way anyway. :)

But i already told Ann Ature that he should use DIVX 5 and it will not be 190 MB for approx 7 Min. Thats toooooooo big as it is necessary. ;)

Wolfseye :roll:

#25 User is offline   Mr. PeNguiN (old) Icon

• LocationBehind...

Posted 09 June 2004 - 11:52 AM

Anyway movie shows some really nice skills, not only the knife tricks (I managed to kill only few people with the knife, now i know it is possible to use it way better) but also some very nice jumps (the one in uptown is "whoa"). And no problem downloading it...

And now some complaints:
- it is HUGE as for 7 mins
- no sound here
- as Phalkon and Absurdator said... jerky video... and my pc ISN'T the PII, and other aren't making problems to my machine.

Even without the sound the uptown jump is still whoa

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   dex Icon

Posted 09 June 2004 - 03:04 PM

I used IE the first time, and I used it again. Both times the video was the same, jerky, and when in fast motion it looks like interlacing problems, kinda like meshing gears.

#27 User is offline   qadn (old) Icon

• LocationEnschede, the netherlands

Posted 09 June 2004 - 06:38 PM

The video played fine here on my laptop (amd athlon xp-m 2000+, 512 MB ram) I used powerDVD and one of those codec packs.

regards,

Qadn

#28 User is offline   dex Icon

Posted 10 June 2004 - 12:25 AM

I didn't think about that. Works fine in PowerDVD 5.

#29 User is offline   Ann Ature (old) Icon

• Locationbelgium, leuven

Posted 10 June 2004 - 08:10 AM

:roll:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942