Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ETUT.....does it get any better? Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   BlackRider (old) Icon

Posted 10 April 2004 - 02:47 AM

Looking forward to airport.. I suppose ut_streets was a lost cause.

Remember.. The detail in a map is good for the first couple times playing it but how it plays is what really matters.

#12 User is offline   EL_PRESEDENTE (old) Icon

Posted 10 April 2004 - 01:51 PM

yeah, streets was a no win situation. I did the best I could with it. Sexied it up a bit, removed the tilted roofs and dropaway skybox that was in effect, gay. You couldnt remove snipers behind that roof because the nades would roll off into the skybox. gay, gay, gay. I also took away all the Mr Peepers SR8 spots also.

Crenshaw was a "proof of concept" map just to see if I could make an entire theme map by myself without help. It was going to be practice for Airport which was supposed to be my swan song, needless to say I got burned out on the Q3 community and Q3 mapping.

I think that ET is going to give me that challenge that i was looking for.

anyway dont express yourself creativly if u cant take the criticism :)

nah but tbh only problem with original streets was it looks like poo and of course the buiding with only way out being the roof or windows. new streets by all means looks amazing and plays well for ctf by all intents and purposes it makes a better map for ctf and original streets for ts :shock:

#13 User is offline   Delerius Icon

• Account: delerius

Posted 11 April 2004 - 09:59 PM

i like crenshaw NVS...

Btw what's up dude glad to see your doing fine

#14 User is offline   Tr!8E³ (old) Icon

• LocationMallorca, Spain

Posted 12 April 2004 - 01:49 PM

ut_terrace all the way! =)

#15 User is offline   |NV|S (old) Icon

• LocationSanta Clarita, CA

Posted 14 April 2004 - 02:28 AM

Yeah, criticism is good. Im not above criticism (ask any or the QA team) its the *sshats that I have a problem with. My stress level has went way down now that I work for a game company for money :) and that I dont have to listen to peoples opinions of my work, other than the publisher, and my supervisor. And to date none of them have told me any of my work is GAY, LAME, or is going to ruin the game.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Shminkyboy Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: shminkyboy

Posted 14 April 2004 - 06:33 AM

lol

#17 Guest_Psyche911

Posted 15 April 2004 - 10:02 AM

TBH, I used to really dislike Crenshaw. But we had this clan match on it, and it was one of the most fun games I've played. That map really rocks when you're playing with people who know what they're doing. :D

I'm trying to get into mapping in radiant currently, but it's going slow. Only some really basic stuff done so far, and I haven't even touched on any q3ut features, which is where I'm hoping to end up (well, etut by then).

Good luck on Airport |NV|S, see ya around.

#18 Guest_Psyche911

Posted 15 April 2004 - 10:11 AM

I just searched for ut_terrace to see what that guy was talking about. I hope you're still gonna release that one, because I like the way it looks, just the mood of the map. Looks real nice. Downloaded ut_automotive to have a look around, thanks for providing it. First .map file I've gotten my hands on for q3ut....

#19 Guest_b33f

Posted 19 April 2004 - 03:42 AM

The .map for ut_27 is included with Urban Terror, as an example map for features.

#20 User is offline   |NV|S (old) Icon

• LocationSanta Clarita, CA

Posted 20 April 2004 - 08:16 AM

Terrace was done for a goof, its not out of the realm of possiblity to finish it though. It was pretty close to done. the blockout for space, the gameplay features were in.

Posted Image

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942