• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stronger then all league site down? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   tEh-kEEpEr (old) Icon

• LocationSalisbury, MA

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:10 AM

Anyone know anything about this? I heard a rumor that the site may be moved, anyone confirm this and when can this be expected?

#2 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:29 PM

Yeah they attempted to move it because they had problems with the old host. Apparently they are having trouble setting up on the new host now.

Here is the TS schedule for tonight: http://gear2.net/sta/

#3 User is offline   Vengeance (old) Icon

• LocationSilicon Valley

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:58 PM

You have got to be kidding me!

It's not like I've received an email about this, or anything. I told my entire clan they had the week off because well, what league site. This is BS

#4 User is offline   Corporate (old) Icon

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:10 AM

Oh wow, somehow i got the impression we weren't having it as well.  I'll try to scramble.

#5 User is offline   Despair (old) Icon

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:47 AM

You have got to be kidding me!

It's not like I've received an email about this, or anything. I told my entire clan they had the week off because well, what league site. This is BS

Vengeance said it all. What happened with sunday then STA admins? No match, no website, no letting us know in any shape, form or fashion. We had to go out of our way to find out that since the site was down the match on sunday for CTF would be postponed. So since the STA site was still down today on tuesday, what do you think we would assume if NO ONE got any email or anything letting us know that we were playing tonight. Yeah, you guys are really fucking organized. Now, I ain't bitching cause of the outcome of any match but IF we were going to play tonight, what happened to the original schedule? We were supposed to have a lax week playing BD in Team Survivor and then all the sudden we're playing against FN. Now no offense to BD, but we would have prepared our team and a lineup and maybe even a strat for the small map of prague if we had known the schedule had been switched around to us playing FN who is a much stronger TS team than BD. Organization. STA admins, check it out a new vocab word for ya'll. K, so fortunately I'm hoping most clans got the memo (what memo?) about the match being on tonight. And gg to STA admins for being so accurate on the schedule every week. I mean shit...I think we played FN 3 times, Horsies twice, T once, and the two newer teams Hoosier and SKA like once or twice each idk. But what happened to us playing xil or veneration in TS? Not once I remember. LoL. You guys are great at STA, every season its a new deal with you admins lol. Hopefully someone with more knowledge and dedication will make a new league, one which can be run correctly and efficiently so we're not all dicked around with the schedules, site being down, no contact to let us know, etc. /end rant

Btw, gg to FN team who were obviously more prepared than us and deserved the win. GG to all the clans we played this season and didn't ha. Since this loss I guess moved us out of the playoffs according to virgin an STA admin we will be there again hopefully stronger and more teamwork being used. I guess even having an admin on our own team didn't get us any preparation either, a full hour and a half was given to Vengeance before match time letting us know the game was on. Yeah, an email would have been nice. Or allowed us to reschedule for a more convient

But yeah, im goin to stop my bitchin and just post this shit cause this bud just looks tasty in front of me. =)

Btw, URT forum admins...posting this here due to a idiocy bug going through this league called STA (pfft). Thx for the patience. =D

Late.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

Posted 24 September 2008 - 04:33 PM

No comment on the above but I must say it was inconvenient for my team as well because our opponent had no idea that there was a match last night so they weren't around so we had to get a forfeit win (zzzz). But anyways, I'm sure STA is trying...

#7 User is offline   Bodhisattva Icon

• Account: bodhisattva

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:02 PM

Yeah, FN was in the same boat.  I got home from work Tuesday around 730PM EST and right around that time, Version told me over IRC that we had a match.  I had already told my guys that there was no match and if Version had waited 10 more minutes before contacting me, I would have been at the gym.  We came so close to forfeiting that match HardAsIce saved our asses at the last minute.

ggs SEX

Also, I was under the impression that last night was the first round of playoffs since prague was never posted as part of the regular season and it seemed like the teams were matched up best to worst like they would in a 8-seeded playoff bracket.

Personally, I don't really care about TS anymore.  Too much stress, too much camping.  I'm really hoping we play BOMB next season or at least we play BOMB on the truly excruciating maps for TS like UPTOWN.

#8 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

Posted 25 September 2008 - 04:49 AM

There's gonna be another season?  :mrgreen:

#9 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:57 PM

Yelling at volunteers for a slip-up must be so much fun...

A typical sta-player-attitude.

#10 User is offline   Kr0m Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Forums Administrator
  • Account: kr0m

Posted 27 September 2008 - 05:38 PM

Ouch. You retract that statement right now! :D
(plenty of shitty attitudes in organized gaming outside of STA :P )

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942