• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stronger then all league site down? Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 27 September 2008 - 05:43 PM

I'm just basing it on what I've seen in the sta forums. It's a big yelling/rudity/insult-contest.

#12 User is offline   {C9}Wolverine (old) Icon

• LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:22 PM

I'm just basing it on what I've seen in the sta forums. It's a big yelling/rudity/insult-contest.

One in which their moderators don't bother to enforce their own rules on.

#13 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:55 PM

Woek, that's entirely STA's fault. They have control of their own forums and they choose for it to be like that. I have suggested to them multiple times that they should clean up their forums (and stopped making such suggestions months ago since they were shot down repeatedly) but they choose not to. (Although they may say they don't have a choice, they clearly do since they admin the forum.)

And as far as anyone yelling at volunteers for slipping up, yes they may be volunteers, and I frequently express my gratitude for their donated time and effort, but if they do something ridiculous that they didn't need to do, and then someone like SEX want's to bitch about it, I see that as reasonable. Clans put in their time to a league as well, so you can expect that they will have certain expectations about how things are run. Clan leaders volunteer their time to do clans, and there are expectations of them and their clan that if they don't meet they will be bitched out at by various parties, and the same can be said for a league admin. Is it so much to ask for SEX to be given notice about a match? That's the key thing here is that it doesn't take the league any more effort or personal time spent to do something like that. So sex isn't complaining and asking the volunteers to do more work, or take more of their time and effort, they are just asking for consistency and for things to be done properly, which takes no extra work.

Anyway, what's done is done, and I'm not complaining about it. STA does a lot of things right as well, and donate their personal time towards running the league and I appreciate it.

#14 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:27 AM

There's just better ways to tell someone that they've done something wrong. With a lot more respect/consideration etc. And the message still gets accross (probably even better).

#15 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 28 September 2008 - 12:47 PM

This is actually pretty mild criticism, without use of profanity. And the criticism sounds pretty reasonable to complain about.

Respect should be both ways.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Kr0m Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Forums Administrator
  • Account: kr0m

Posted 28 September 2008 - 01:24 PM

The fact of the matter is that North America needs a NEW / FUNCTIONAL League.

The STA Senior Admins (not UrT admins) seem to not want to 'upgrade' the site to a more modern code or do not have the time to let someone like Vengeance build them a better functioning / more efficient league-type site (for free, plus he's offered his service to them in the past as well... actually, I recall a few other people doing the same). This has been an ongoing issure for years now and this is the 2nd or 3rd host they've changed to in the past 3-5 years.
AFAIK, the league only hosts 2 active games at the moment, Urban Terror and a TeamFortress2 League.

The current set of admins are busy with work and/or school and are trying their best but at the same time, it could have taken 1/3 admins 10 mins of their time to send an email to all of the clan captains via their gmail account (which should have an updated contact list for all the clan captains) regarding the league's status.

As for their forums, as you can see (if you bothered to look lately), they do police them (somewhat), just look at all the locked / edited threads and posts. If you ask me, UrT Admins there should be given more privileges to police their forum (ie: ban users). It's typically the same 3-5 asshats that cause trouble for other players and admins.

#17 User is offline   FragginNewby (old) Icon

• LocationKilladelphia, PA

Posted 28 September 2008 - 01:32 PM

<3 Kr0m

Well said - and I agree completely.

#18 User is offline   Despair (old) Icon

Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:24 AM

Yeah, thanks bludshot and krom for summing it up in a much prettier way for me in both regards of their posts. Haha, I was in more in a bad mood that night too. It's all good now.  :-D

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942