Urban Terror Forums: Poll: Have you EVER successfully Goomba-stomped (AKA Curb-Stomped) someone? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Poll: Have you EVER successfully Goomba-stomped (AKA Curb-Stomped) someone? Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Have you EVER successfully curb-stomped someone? (117 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you EVER successfully curb-stomped someone?

1. What's a curb/goomba stomp? (2 votes [1.69%])

Percentage of vote: 1.69%

2. No (15 votes [12.71%])

Percentage of vote: 12.71%

3. Yes, but only when staged (16 votes [13.56%])

Percentage of vote: 13.56%

4. Yes, during an actual fight (please share) (85 votes [72.03%])

Percentage of vote: 72.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   AQ2 (old) Icon

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:02 PM

Hey all...

Procrastinating again, so I thought I would ask the community...

Have you EVER successfully curb-stomped anyone? 

#2 User is offline   DJ Schuby Icon

• Account: djschuby

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:09 PM

I do it all the time in Bomb mode in ut4_oildepot. I plant the bomb at the black site then hide on the top of the oil storage tank thing, then curb the blue guy who's defusing.

<edit>

wtf is wrong with my sig? is http://urt.bad-penguins.org/ down?

#3 User is offline   Spectre Icon

• Account: spectre

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:10 PM

yes many times...today for instance, i was at the top of a ladder in uptown, someone started shooting at me and i panicked and fell off, accidentally curb stomping the dude.

#4 User is offline   blackviper91 (old) Icon

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:11 PM

Yep, playing on uptown I missed the jump from the laundromat to the window and fell on someone's head. 100% accidental, but still awesome.

#5 User is offline   Hoody Icon

• Account: hoody
  • Main tag: pnk|

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:11 PM

Yeah a bunch of times. I don't go looking for them too much, but sometimes (especially on uptown) an opportunity presents itself.

I only ever did one in a match. Was on the laundromat roof and I heard someone come out of the laundromat. I look down and he's climbing down the ladder so I just dropped onto him knowing he couldn't shoot me in time. He dropped off the ladder as I fell and I landed on his head a split second later.  Clunk!

We practice them for a laugh. One of us will sprint around the laundromat in circles while the rest of us try to stomp him. We got pretty good at it.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   AQ2 (old) Icon

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:20 PM

Lol... these responses are good...  Seems like ladders are a common place for stomping...

At first I was wondering what the heck a "curb stomp" was... then when I figured it out, I couldn't for the life of me understand where it would be useful.  But ladders seems to be an obvious choice, given that the person on the receiving end is limited to one plane of movement.

Oh, and the bomb-mode example is brilliant as well... Again, target can't really move away from the big circle painted on the floor.

Ok... I guess I'll have to re-think my curb-stomping strategies.  I had several perfect curb-stomps lined up the other day on unsuspecting targets but simply broke my legs b/c the person took one step to the left at the very last moment. 

Next time I'll reserve the stomp for situations where they CAN'T move away :)

#7 User is offline   sway Icon

• Account: sway

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:28 PM

I've curb-stomped people on uptown a couple of times before.

A few were ones where I was actually going for the curb-stomp and the others were just pure luck where I missed a jump or fell off the side of a building. :-P

#8 User is offline   Hayame Icon

• Account: hayame

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:44 PM

Muff!e, he broke my fall <33

#9 User is offline   rockerman95 (old) Icon

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:45 PM

pubbing in TS one time I spawned at garage and quickly flew up to g3, jumped off the side to jump to the apartment roof overlooking their spawn, but overjumped the bridge in between, and fell right onto a person mid rush ;]

#10 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

• Account: subjunk

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:55 PM

Sometimes on uptown I just camp the top of the garage and wait for people to run along the street on their way to the garage entrance and curb-stomp them haha. Pretty funny especially when they have never seen it before and you both crack up :D

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942