Urban Terror Forums: ut4_Kingdom need feedbacks (update 2009-09-16) - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ut4_Kingdom need feedbacks (update 2009-09-16) Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   UnarmedMagen (old) Icon

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:38 AM

killing the bomb carrier before he plants is possible, but when he doesn't plant the bomb exactly on the spot and is covered with other snipers.. killing him becomes pretty hard. i like kingdom very much and the situation on the old one was agreeable, but on the new maps it is even easier for red.

#32 User is offline   satiable Icon

• Account: satiable

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:48 AM

The more he keeps changing this map, the more I think he should have just left it as was for 4.1.

#33 User is offline   ThePoopsmith Icon

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:05 PM

I like the changes to the spawns, the opening at the top of the stairs and the wall that blocks the campsite on the roof. I think I could go without the new room though.

All in all, I think the changes make the map much more fast paced once you get used to them (disclaimer: I have only played ts and ctf modes).

#34 User is offline   pDoGG (old) Icon

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:23 AM

To add some feedback: I found RC4 kicks people out of the map on loading with "a reliable command was cycled out".  I was hosting this on a local LAN and the majority of us were dropped.

#35 User is offline   Stv Icon

• Account: stv

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:06 PM

+ the most campspots are removed =  WIN!
+ bomb is kinda fine, roof has a much much better solution now.
+ also the new indoor stuff makes playing it much more tense. only other map i can think of that has a similar feeling is ut_docks. luv it.
+ new tavern layout forces/enables faster playstyle
+ tbh from my experience the fastplant/slideplant on black is harder now, if blue has teamplay.

- cycled out problem
- tdm is kind of too open, no matter how many players
- quite worse frames in tdm, too... because of the opened 'doors' ? as bomb is quite ok if i remember correctly...
- minimap is wrong (at least in tdm, i just noticed that the spawn rooms are not shown on it, do not know if that is on purpose)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   Ronaldlee Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: ronaldlee

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:40 PM

I have always liked Kingdom, but never any bot support.

This release also lacks an aas file. Considering that there are no doors to open, this map would be good for a quick aas file. Hint brushes, some good old fashion bot-roam, and a touch of clip would have given bot support. If we are going to remake the good maps --Kingdom is a great map-- then how about the simple task of making an aas file as well? It does not take long to paste hints and to throw in roam. And to generate the aas is a very short process.

#37 User is offline   PapyRuny Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: papyruny

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:50 PM

Thank for your feedbacks.

SteveMcQueen, i'm working on the pb with cycled out.

RonaldLee[1up], bots are not supported since 4.0, bots crash servers.

#38 User is offline   Ronaldlee Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: ronaldlee

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:32 AM

Thank for your feedbacks.

SteveMcQueen, i'm working on the pb with cycled out.

RonaldLee[1up], bots are not supported since 4.0, bots crash servers.

This map can work with bots, it only needed the same level of attention that subway got (hint brushes all over the place in subway; clean aas file). Give the S-mapper and myself permission and your map and we will make it work. I have already looked at kingdom (4.1). You did no bot work in the map --although the map is a work of beauty and kingdom is one of my favorite maps. It would run just as smooth as subway if you gave it that little attention. Since your on the map end you can compare the hint brushes and roam techniques applied in subway to areas of kingdom that would benefit. Why not just make it so and then there will be another aas supported map that does not crash? I certainly would put it right up on my servers.

#39 User is offline   XslauGt8 (old) Icon

• LocationBrisbane, AU

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:11 AM

Awesome map, would be up there as one of my favorites.

RE:Bot Support, I've come across a couple of people that have got bot's working in 4.1, there's been a Bot Server that was very popular locally until it shut down recently. Although not a lot of people do play against the AI, at times it can be entertaining for 4 Humans vs 16 Bots.

The error message being "a reliable command was cycled out" - Still getting this problem as you're well aware.

The spawns are a lot better. We've been running it on KMA CTF & have found it extremely popular. I'd like more roof access myself, I like that you've altered parts of the roof access in areas, but would like to see some places where you can jump up, but is clipped opened hehe. (Yes yes, I know countless players would cry about that one, but it annoys me if you can jump to somewhere, but can't grab or move somewhere due to invisible walls)  8-)

#40 User is offline   danny6167 (old) Icon

Posted 29 August 2009 - 04:02 PM

I really like the changes. But I cant put it in my map cycle until the cycled out problem is fixed.
Are you still working on this map or have you dropped it ?

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942