Urban Terror Forums: Newbie mapping: couldn't find a spawn point? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Newbie mapping: couldn't find a spawn point? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pr0ph (old) Icon

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:16 PM

Hello everybody,

Back to the game after a loooong time (beta 2.6 :roll:, 2002...), and getting back to mapping after just about the same long time.
I feel like a total newb again, but I've been struggling with that for a while so I need your help.

I did try to search, both the forum here and on good ol' google, but couldn't find anything relevant.

Okay so to make a long story short, I'm using the stand-alone UrT install + Radiant 1.5.
I got setup thanks to that nice post: http://forums.urbant...hp?topic=9766.0

Only missing thing in that tutorial is the entity urbanterror.def file that needs to be put in the radiant folder, not under scripts in UrT folder..blah. Found the solution in another post.

So I made a quick map just to get my feelings back right, compiled it, and now when I try to run it I get a "cannot find a spawn point" error.

I don't really get it. I have created 4 info_ut_spawn entities for each team.

The 4 spawns for team red have these flags:

- team : red
- g_gametype : 0, 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- group 1

and same for the other 4 for team blue excepted the "team" flag obviously.

am I missing something?  :? why would I get the error? I would love a little help guys :)

#2 User is offline   H3NRY Icon

• Account: h3nry
  • Main tag: .um

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:41 PM

add a "info_player_intermission"  and you will be fine.  the camera needs a place to spawn when you join and the intermission tells it where to

#3 User is offline   pr0ph (old) Icon

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:18 PM

Thanks mate! But actually..wasn't the problem  :-P

I've had to add an info_player_start....and actually I spawned on that one! (I purposedly did put it on a specific spot)
I thought UrT-specific spawn entities would be enough?

Could somebody enlighten me?  :?

#4 User is offline   NulL Icon

•   former FS member   
    Level Designer
  • Account: null

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:51 PM

Your correct you need at least one info_player_start or info_player_deathmatch; its just one of the many little idiosyncrasies you'll come across while mapping. 

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942