• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UrbanTerror Accounts Anti-Cheat Rate Topic: ***** 15 Votes

#62 User is offline   TwentySeven Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Engine Developer
  • Account: twentyseven

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:45 AM

Can't really blame kids for "trying it on" when theres no anticheat around.

:-P

Anyway, fresh start for everyone when the new AC rolls out.  Except Hippie, he can go fk himself.
:-D :-D

#63 User is offline   {C9}Wolverine (old) Icon

• LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:50 AM

Anyway, fresh start for everyone when the new AC rolls out.  Except Hippie, he can go fk himself.

Posted Image

#64 User is offline   Courgette Icon

•   community dev   
    B3 bot developer
  • Account: courgette
  • Main tag: [B3]

Posted 05 July 2009 - 01:57 AM

UAA publishes a ip banlist.
FS passport will manage a passport banlists.

I suppose it will be up to server admin to decide which banlist they wish to enforce on their server.... or not ?

#65 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 05 July 2009 - 02:39 AM

Hippie can join Basalisk.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#66 User is offline   /eVo/Quahog (old) Icon

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:01 AM

So wealso have software running to detect cheats also though right? Not just the passport system?? Kind of like punkbusta? But they work in conjunction? for extra protection? If so, I am very impressed =]

#67 User is offline   Mrnoluck (old) Icon

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:29 AM

Since he already says that this will work independently with the UAA banlist, that means that they wont transfer the list over to the passport system, since UAA will keep existing. Also I think that won't even be possible since the passport system is not based on IP's but on UID's. But that's just my interpretation after reading this whole thread. (really, you should do that too)

I did read it from start to finish I just wasnt 100pct sure as the meaning may have been either way, I didnt think that they would integrate the two at any point just a few things made me think "are they considering it" so I just wanted to make sure that they arent.

Maybe we have not totally decided what we will do ?  :roll:

and thats why I wrote what I wrote above, from what I've read there seems to be a small element of doubt as to how to proceed so nothings finalised which is why it was worth me clarifying.

#68 User is offline   V00d00 Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: v00d00
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:00 PM

Anyway, fresh start for everyone when the new AC rolls out.  Except Hippie, he can go fk himself.

Such Maturity shown, and you wonder whether FS will be any better than the UAA.

#69 User is offline   NulL Icon

•   former FS member   
    Level Designer
  • Account: null

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:38 PM

The comment towards Hippie is perfectly justifiable. And yes a fresh start is needed because of the UAA's unfortunate tendency to ban innocent players (Refer yourself to the current discussion in R&R). Obviously servers can continue to use the UAA list post 4.2, no one is forcing its retirement.

#70 User is offline   V00d00 Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: v00d00
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

Although pointless now my view was it was better left to a council made up of both UAA, FS and Community and League Reps.  So no one person had all the power, and the Passport system could be ruled over by democracy.  I would never have voted for the UAA to run it on its own.

Although hopefully Bladekiller and yourself will get involved in the decisions, so less of the past affects the future of the system (no bans from forum becoming bans on passport etc).  If we learn nothing from the past, then it is pointless to continue with this.

Hippie wasnt a saint, but i doubt many of the people who come here are either.  Everyone has there faults, some are just better at hiding them than others.  He still created UAA, got rid of some of the cheaters, kept the servers a little cleaner and to be honest i still support him.  Mistakes and abuses have been made, they always are, the difference is whether you learn from them and stop them from happening in the future, or just go on to repeat them again and again.  Lets try and learn from them and not continue with the cycle.  We all need some sort of Anti-Cheat, but we need a transparent system, that doesnt allow the people running it to abuse it.  If you think you can provide that, then im happy with it, but lets keep it on a mature level, with no personal attacks on people.  @TwentySeven, i'd expect that kind of wording from others on the forum, but you, you frankly let yourself and FS down with your statement.

Things have happened, and frankly the incident that caused this wasnt one sided.  If people had shown a little maturity and gone chill out for a bit, some of this would have been avoidable.  But the fact that a lot of people seem to be immature doesnt help.  People need to grow up and understand this is just a game.  Enjoy playing it, but when it gets you down, go out in the real world and appreciate that instead.  There will always be issues between people.  Just learn to overcome them without starting a ruck at the same time.

• (54 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942