• +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UrbanTerror Accounts Anti-Cheat Rate Topic: ***** 15 Votes

#51 User is offline   defender (old) Icon

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:24 PM

This sounds promising! Can't wait seeing a working anticheat in action.
Thx for your contribution to this great game!

#52 User is offline   ReiShin (old) Icon

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:06 PM

Can you ignore the 14 year olds talking shite and answer my questions please.

if you took the time to read the entire thread all the way though you would not need to ask a "question"

#53 User is offline   s.e.t.i. Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer
  • Account: seti

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:05 AM

ok fine then. :| if a player wants to turn it off make it so they can't join servers that have it on. PLZ?
please try to use some common sense. why would i go through the trouble of writing this code only to give the user the power to turn it off??? the player doesn't have the choice of turning off the anticheat. the anticheat is tied to Passport ENABLED servers. so in order to connect to a Passport enabled server, the anticheat MUST be present and it MUST be running, or you will not join this server. we chose to do it this way for admins who do not wish to participate in passport, it is their choice. i

#54 User is offline   s.e.t.i. Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer
  • Account: seti

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:10 AM

See if I understand.

The global ban system is going to be kept by frozen sand, and the only way to get on it is to be banned by this new anti cheat program and the uaa ban list is a totally different thing?

And since the people making the passport and anti cheat seem to have become friends with FS though being in the uaa and/or qa team, the other guy who made an anti cheat, who isn't close with the developers is now done, since this program will be added to 4.2?
no, i would not say the only way to get on the global ban list is to get caught by the anticheat. admins can ban you from their server, and those admins could "share" those bans with other server admins. if you get popular enough you will eventually end up with a global ban.

i have nothing to do with the other guy who made an anticheat so in all fairness to him you should direct your question about the life of his software with him.

#55 User is offline   Delerius Icon

• Account: delerius

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:46 AM

good stuff man I hope it works well... be nice to laugh at people for getting their id banned... I just hope it's a good solution and nothing is found to bypass it... multiple ips getting owned is great news.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#56 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 04 July 2009 - 08:39 PM

please try to use some common sense. why would i go through the trouble of writing this code only to give the user the power to turn it off??? the player doesn't have the choice of turning off the anticheat. the anticheat is tied to Passport ENABLED servers. so in order to connect to a Passport enabled server, the anticheat MUST be present and it MUST be running, or you will not join this server. we chose to do it this way for admins who do not wish to participate in passport, it is their choice. i

As I understand it Rorshach can effectively get what he's asking for, not by "turning it off" but simply by using a non passport client. Right?

#57 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:12 PM

ummm who said anything about my not wanting the anti-cheat? i would love to have the anti-cheat and i would love to see all the hackers get banned and no one is going to tell me what i want and don't want so heed this as a warning to never put words in my mouth again.

#58 User is offline   Mrnoluck (old) Icon

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:39 PM

Firstly brilliant, cant wait for this to come in, thanks for all the hardwork I know has has gone into this.

Secondly a question, I may have misread slightly but am I to understand you will be using the UAA banlist as it stands to be the basis for the initial setup of 4.2? I.e. if you've been banned on UAA up to the point 4.2 is released that will carry over to the banlist in your anticheat? Or will it be a fresh start with an empty list that only fills up as it detects the cheats on the individuals passport, so the second they use them its game over.

If the former then thats an awful idea as some of the UAA bans are extremely subjective, theres a post on rants and raves by a guy whose been banned and not allowed an appeal and everyones pretty sure hes not hacking and using sound and deduction to locate his opponents, subjective bans are an awful idea if carried over to an automatic banning system.

Just wanted that clarified as I wasnt entirely sure from reading the posts above.

#59 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:20 PM

tbh, that's such a bad idea that I don't even feel like we need clarification about it, because of *course* they wouldn't do that right?

#60 User is offline   Rinsmaster Icon

• Account: rinsmaster
  • Main tag: O.O|

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:40 PM

Since he already says that this will work independently with the UAA banlist, that means that they wont transfer the list over to the passport system, since UAA will keep existing. Also I think that won't even be possible since the passport system is not based on IP's but on UID's. But that's just my interpretation after reading this whole thread. (really, you should do that too)

• (54 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942