Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Future of the SR8

Poll: The future of the sr8 (26 member(s) have cast votes)

The future of the sr8

1. Yay, give the sr8 its jumpshot back in exchange for zoomed slappings (16 votes [32.65%])

Percentage of vote: 32.65%

2. Nay, leave the sr8 as is (33 votes [67.35%])

Percentage of vote: 67.35%

Vote

#11 Guest_Dreek

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:08 PM

No jump shots and no handycaps

#12 Guest_osaii``

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:11 PM

I also think it's a bad idea. You get stressed enough when you're aiming at someone getting hits on you. Jumpshots, okay nice, but imo it's not worth it (and I'm mainly an auto-user btw)..

#13 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:12 PM

/me votes "nay" leave as is

IMHO a feature like that would only make people camp even more. "But you can strafe and shoot", ah, yeah, but get "dislodged" when fired upon, thus people will stand back in a safe place, otherwise you are toast.

I get a feeling that you are trying to oblige the "whiners" and by that causing other people complain. Whatever you guys do you will never satisfie everyone.

But it is your project, you do as you please, I will continue playing as it is. But I can't say that jumpshooting provides anything to the gameplay (jack-in-the-box anyone? :? )

#14 Guest_Feanor

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:27 PM

ye, gimme my railgun back! :)

#15 User is offline   mrp (old) Icon

• Locationuk

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:28 PM

auto user and voted no .. so much for that generalisation

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 Guest_panda

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:33 PM

Lol now thats just silly :D

think about sr8 vs a g36 if you got unzoomed and "slapped" whenever you got hit. It would make sr8 useless and who needs sr8 jump shots anyway....Sr8 is good as it is....

#17 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:44 PM

I don't think it is a good idea :

With this, snipers wont rush/move a lot anymore because they will fear to be hitted and loose the scope while rushing/moving ...

Hahahaha snipers wont rush/move a lot anymore hahahaha
no offense to you but what snipers rush ? Only domino seems kinda succesfull at shooting people while moving in a general FORWARD direction. At least if the can shoot while jumping they can try to "rush/move" again.

#18 User is offline   LORD OF DOOM (old) Icon

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:53 PM

Only domino??? you must be blind or you wanna join pimp very bad :)

#19 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:56 PM

Ow you're right lord I forgot whisper :P

#20 User is offline   Blade (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands.

Posted 10 April 2004 - 07:15 PM

About this idea, it would be TOTALLY rediculous to put the aim of, and zoom out, cuz ur fukking toast to any auto sprayer, nobody would use it anymore (except the uber naab campers who don't give a sh1t about moving). So if you want to totally kill the sr8, do that.
I think you already made sr8 users camp a LOT more then they used to when the decision to take jumpshots out was taken, and the bs with the movement penalty (when strafing u sometimes don't hit, cuz of it). I only know a few players that still go forward with the sr8. The rest just camps the spawn or smt, or walk 20 meters behind the auto's. Ah well, rant off, u all don't like what I said anyway. So even though I want the jumpshots back, it's rediculous to sacrifice the close range possibility, wich is basicly the only thing that still makes sr8 users go forward. If you WOULD make it like this, no one with sr8 would go forward, cuz they have no chance with it. Ow and about when u get shot with sr8 ur aim get's borked, allready now when you get shot your crosshair bumps up (even though if you shoot it will still hit where you are actually looking) wich makes it harder to aim, especially when the person is close to you...

so no vote from me...

(btw haven't read all the previous posts)

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942