Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Future of the SR8

Poll: The future of the sr8 (26 member(s) have cast votes)

The future of the sr8

1. Yay, give the sr8 its jumpshot back in exchange for zoomed slappings (16 votes [32.65%])

Percentage of vote: 32.65%

2. Nay, leave the sr8 as is (33 votes [67.35%])

Percentage of vote: 67.35%

Vote

#31 Guest_agiantblackdude

Posted 15 April 2004 - 05:10 PM

I vote we replace the SR-8 with this...

Posted Image

The Cheyenne Tactical Intervention rifle in .408 CheyTac. MMMMMm.

#32 User is offline   Stryder (old) Icon

• LocationNor. Cali

Posted 15 April 2004 - 05:23 PM

damn..id never have to leave the spawn with that :twisted:

#33 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 15 April 2004 - 06:10 PM

Sweet! 8)

#34 Guest_mcgillroy

Posted 15 April 2004 - 10:44 PM

I understand that most people are feed up with discusion on the sr-8, but I want to stress a point that hasen´t been considered by now.

currently ut attracts mainly a hardcore gamer crowd. I´ m for myself only a casual gamer who kinda sticks to its quake roots by playing ut once in a while.

what is frustrating to me during this "once a week" games, is the dominance that 'skilled' sr-8 snipers often tend to achieve. the hardcore crowd might be able to cope with that - but complaints in the other threads on sr-8 also suggest, that there is a fair amount of frustration with the power of the weapon even among frequent ut players. (hey and the polls are nearly fifty-fifty)

considering this, and the fact that ut might, and hopefully will, attract a broader audience of gamers once it becomes ut:et, I think it is worth thinking about rebalancing the sr-8.

It should remain a one-shot-kill weapon, and I personaly would vote for the tilt view when being hit option. but without putting the jump-shoot option back in, which is maybe leading to more camping and is also grossly unrealistic (yeah I know this is not tc...)

this would give newbies and occassional players a chance and reduce their frustrating experiences.

and by the way: i play hk-69/mp5/berreta/kevlar/extra ammo. and the hk-69 demands its own skills, not just pointandclick;)

#35 User is offline   dead (old) Icon

• LocationItaly

Posted 16 April 2004 - 10:37 AM

Lol, newbies and occassional players have to do their frustrating experiences...

Anyway, SR-8 is simply unrepresentative of its real-life counterpart (of course all the UrT weapons are not representatives, but SR-8 too much).

The biggest incongruence is that you can't shoot with a SR-8 AND run, jump or simply walk!
So the simplest way to solve the problem is to increase A LOT the penalty movement.

P.S. maybe there is an other way to get the same result: I think that when you zoom the sensitivity is automatically adjusted to avoid wide movements of the scope; this is not the behaviour of a SR-8.
I mean, have you ever hit a 30cm target at 150m? Well, your target run in the scope like a crazy rabbit...

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 16 April 2004 - 10:59 AM

Lol, newbies and occassional players have to do their frustrating experiences...

Anyway, SR-8 is simply unrepresentative of its real-life counterpart (of course all the UrT weapons are not representatives, but SR-8 too much).

The biggest incongruence is that you can't shoot with a SR-8 AND run, jump or simply walk!
So the simplest way to solve the problem is to increase A LOT the penalty movement.

Omg. You can't strafejump irl either, with or without a weapon! Seize thinking that Urt is a "realistic" FPS. SID have never claimed Urt to strive in that direction, and - HOPEFULLY - never will. Urt is Q3 with realistic weaponmodels, maps and such. Not a real life simulator. It is for fast paced gaming in realistic environments and with some realism*BASED* features (stamina, medic etc).

And afaik the SR-8 was just a prototype and never got in line of production, so I wonder how you know how it's IRL counterpart behaves?

#37 User is offline   dead (old) Icon

• LocationItaly

Posted 16 April 2004 - 12:29 PM

I think that Urt is one of the most "realistic" FPS, and because of that I like weapons corresponding as much as possible to its real counterpart (if not I could play Quake arena with its plasma guns!)

P.S. I never tested a SR-8 of course, but I tested a Beretta M501 sniper rifle in italian army, and I can confirm what I said in the previous post.

#38 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

Posted 16 April 2004 - 01:04 PM

I think that Urt is one of the most "realistic" FPS, and because of that I like weapons corresponding as much as possible to its real counterpart (if not I could play Quake arena with its plasma guns!)

P.S. I never tested a SR-8 of course, but I tested a Beretta M501 sniper rifle in italian army, and I can confirm what I said in the previous post.

I've done me militaryservice aswell, and you couldn't jump and strafe with *any* gun as you do in Urt and sill hit accurately. But please enlighten me, in which way (besides what I described) is Urt realistic (more realistic than BF, CoD, CS, Mohaa, True Combat etc)? I'd say, of the realism based FPS's out there Urt is the least realistic (besides reactionQ3 ;)) one.

And if you want heavy MP for the SR8, I guess you would like to have weapons malfunctioning too?

#39 User is offline   dead (old) Icon

• LocationItaly

Posted 16 April 2004 - 01:45 PM

...I guess you would like to have weapons malfunctioning too?

LOL, why not? And less healtcare power for medikit, more gravity effects, different kind of bullets, C4 explosive, bullet proof portables shields and so on...

My post was only a suggestion to improve (IMHO) a weapon in a FPS game
I never tought all the community was agree with me. :wink:

#40 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

Posted 16 April 2004 - 01:52 PM

No, you suggested that SR8 is too unrealistic and wanted to add heavy MP to it, because it's realistic counterpart isn't used the way as it is in Urt. No weapons in Urt is used as it's realistic counterpart except to fire at the foe. I know you suggested only one thing, but thru he years your suggestion goes hand in hand with other things to make Urt non-Urt.

I am not meaning to flame you, so don't take it like that. :)

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942