Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Future of the SR8

Poll: The future of the sr8 (26 member(s) have cast votes)

The future of the sr8

1. Yay, give the sr8 its jumpshot back in exchange for zoomed slappings (16 votes [32.65%])

Percentage of vote: 32.65%

2. Nay, leave the sr8 as is (33 votes [67.35%])

Percentage of vote: 67.35%

Vote

#1 User is offline   TwentySeven Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Engine Developer
  • Account: twentyseven

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:21 PM

Ok - The sr8 as is still gets bitched about.

Some people complain its a noob cannon, while others are still moaning about the lack of jump shots.

My proposal is we allow the sr8 jumpshot back, *BUT* only on the proviso of some other handicap is put in place.

Soo... Sr8 Jumpshots back in exchange for if you get shot while zoomed in, you get automatically unzoomed and your view gets "slapped" off target a bit.

So, this allows sr8 uses to run along and assault with the sr8 (yay for sr8!), but if someone shoots them while zoomed they're more or less toast (yay for Auto user who got the first shot in!).

#2 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:30 PM

Seems like a good idea to me. Of course I'm biased since I often get shot while hitting a sniper and it's quite frustrating.

Did you by any chance consider locking cg_bob and all those to the defaults again ? :)

#3 User is offline   blackrayne (old) Icon

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:31 PM

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

#4 User is offline   TwentySeven Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Engine Developer
  • Account: twentyseven

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:33 PM

cg_bob et all are defaulted to 0
simply too lazy to remove them all together.

#5 User is offline   -SATAN- (old) Icon

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:33 PM

thats a bitchy deal :cry: every newb sprayer can hit you while ur strafing/rushing into a place so its pretty pointsless 2 give back the jump shooting.

smells like all the sprayers are gone agree and the snipers getting pwnt.....

if it has 2 be this way i prefer the jumpshooting 2 stay of

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 Guest_Fumle

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:50 PM

I voted to leave the SR8 as it is.

I do miss jump shots, but there’s no way in hell I'd sacrifice the ability fight back while you're under fire.

IMO. making this new/old “feature” would only seem like a nerf of the weapon instead.

Sadly, I think all the auto-users will vote yes, so hello jump shots.

#7 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:53 PM

cg_bob et all are defaulted to 0
simply too lazy to remove them all together.

I actually meant the defaults of 0.005 and 0.002 like in normal quake3. Or maybe just change these when scoped to find the balance somewhere in the middle.

#8 Guest_kan

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:59 PM

Really bad idea imo...so the guy just needs to leg me once with some spam to get my aim all fucked up? Nah leave the sr8 as it is and change whats to be changed instead of trying to look for other stuff to fuck up.
Oh and you want to bring the ubercamp to a higher state? I know for sure that i wont rush in with my sr8 if only a hit is needed to get my aim off. I'll just sit and wait until some one comes in my lof.
SR8 is one of the best thing there is in urt..dont touch it.

#9 Guest_Mess

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:04 PM

I don't think it is a good idea :

With this, snipers wont rush/move a lot anymore because they will fear to be hitted and loose the scope while rushing/moving ...

#10 User is offline   Sachem (old) Icon

• LocationFrance

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:04 PM

I agree with nerfing the sr8 a little, this idea had a good start, but imho in game it will make sr8 really hard to use except while camping with 90% of the body hidden.
It would require more skills to use the sr8, and the PSG couldn't replace it. The game is good with a sniping weapon like the sr8. Maybe it's overused and too pwoerful but this would be too drastic.
Many sr8 kills are done after being hit, yeh it can be annoying but with the handicap sr8 would just become a neglected weapon like PSG currently is.

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942