• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Mac freeze/crash, any ideas? Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   voidref Icon

• Account: voidref

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:58 AM

You might also want to try running a memory checking app, I had some bad memory that was causing crashes at one point.

#12 User is offline   Ateamrocks Icon

• Account: ateamrocks

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:11 PM

View Postvoidref, on 19 May 2010 - 12:58 AM, said:

You might also want to try running a memory checking app, I had some bad memory that was causing crashes at one point.

The weirdest thing to a mac guy here, is that the entire computer is freezing up. Void is right to check the memory, or even run a CPU test. It's hard to get a mac to completly freeze, unless your entire memorey is full, there's no swap space, and the CPU is overloaded. I personally, have never done it before.

One other thing, in conjunction with the fan, is going inside the case, and cleaning off all the fans and vents. Just an idea.

B1
B1naryTh1ef
:3

#13 User is offline   Vortex Icon

• Account: vortex
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:33 AM

How weird...I was just browsing the new/active content and came across this thread. I was just about to make a nearly identical post. I'll try the things you guys posted and hopefully it will solve the problem.

This post has been edited by Vortex: 23 May 2010 - 01:01 AM

#14 User is offline   strepidus Icon

• Account: strepidus

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:53 AM

View PostAteamrocks, on 22 May 2010 - 08:11 PM, said:

The weirdest thing to a mac guy here, is that the entire computer is freezing up. Void is right to check the memory, or even run a CPU test. It's hard to get a mac to completly freeze, unless your entire memorey is full, there's no swap space, and the CPU is overloaded. I personally, have never done it before.

One other thing, in conjunction with the fan, is going inside the case, and cleaning off all the fans and vents. Just an idea.

B1

It's definitely not the memory (I've checked). And this crash only occurs when I'm playing UrT. If I try to SSH into the computer to quit UrT when this crash occurs, it causes a kernel panic, and the log seems to show it's GPU-related. Seems like something that happens with Radeon 2600s, as I've not heard of this happening with other GPUs.

#15 User is offline   Ateamrocks Icon

• Account: ateamrocks

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:00 PM

Just ran across this with a quick google search. Maybe the GPU is just not working for Q3? http://forums.urbant...xture-problems/

Can someone get a log print out, I know you can get it somehow. Can't remember exactly how.

It'd be great to see why it's freezing up. Also this may be caused by specific maps, and situations. Anyone?

B1
B1naryTh1ef
:3

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942