• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Snow Rate Topic: -----

OMG

#21 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:03 PM

View Postdon, on 12 January 2010 - 03:57 AM, said:

The neutrality of that article is predictably disputed with all the war going on between propagandists and scientific consensus.

This matter exposes (and partly tries to take advantage of) the naivety of people on science. Science is not comprised of people with the same opinion or people believing in the same god. It's comprised in this case, of only a consensus, and the consensus is clear.

Anyone that has a science degree knows there are people in the class that are simply idiots, and there are scientists that have different opinions; but a lot of the time there's a clear majority reaching consensus. It doesn't attack the 'wrong doers' it doesn't isolate them actively, it doesn't even call them "wrong", they are simply not part of the consensus opinion based on the facts at hand.

And when it finds its 'wrongs', i.e. when science advances, it doesn't happen through fanaticism and minority opinions, but through facts. The facts clearly point the majority of weather scientists towards that consensus; fanaticism, or a news reporter or limited evidence or a couple of scientists in a university don't hijack the work of the majority of scientists.

And if people rave and shout to be hijacked that way, they only isolate science to a lesser corner, it's not destroyed, it's only less important in society. Their loss.

I'm honestly bored of this. It is the same method used to hijack any matter. It's nothing but the pure essence of the propaganda machine; lies, half-truths and intimidation, in this case primarily half-truths, more precisely, part of the facts only. This special category doesn't attack a Politician or a vague concept, but science itself. Luckily, with the direct exposure of hypocrisy of propaganda occurring through its attack of science and the scientific method, something good will come out of it. Propagandists simply can not win against people simply thinking about it as it's always the case; but in this case, clarity is very close.

i.e. There's nothing 'wrong' with scientists believing Global Warming is not what some people say; what is pathetic, is trying to force feed to people not understanding the specific science fully (like me and potentially you), to dismiss the consensus opinion. It's in effect as ridiculous as trying to prove to a person not understanding mathematics that an advanced equation is "wrong" while most mathematicians accept it.

What's most ridiculous is that all those propagandists going on TV trying to prove Global Warming isn't what people say it is, obviously don't understand the science fully either.

So leave science to scientists. And weather science to weather scientists.

And if anyone says 'you belittle people by leaving weather science to weather scientists', too bad, it's true, people are little to discuss weather science itself if they have no idea of weather science. Sometimes you just don't know everything.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 12 January 2010 - 04:44 PM

#22 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:49 AM

View Postslackin, on 10 January 2010 - 04:05 AM, said:

IT SNOWED FOR AN HOUR TODAY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY!!!!!!!!!! OMG THIS IS CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!

same here it only snowed for an hour then died. lame. slackin knows where i live so he knows best.

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

#23 User is offline   Vortex (old) Icon

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:12 PM

I live in Canada near Toronto, and we didn't see a single snowfall until mid-December this year.

<iCu|sodtheone> HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO BABY
<_FatChick> oh hey. I was fraggin
<_FatChick> FYI im not fat or a chick
<iCu|sodtheone> OH :(
<iCu|sodtheone> y must u crush my dreams?

#24 User is offline   ValkoVer Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: valkover

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:15 PM

Don't eat yellow snow, and everything will be fine.

#25 User is offline   iShotYou- Icon

• Account: ishotyou

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:50 AM

View PostValkoVer, on 13 January 2010 - 04:15 PM, said:

Don't eat yellow snow, and everything will be fine.

Too late...
- Alpha tester -
*Thanks to all devs for their work

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 16 January 2010 - 03:23 PM

View Postdelisi, on 10 January 2010 - 03:00 PM, said:

Must be all of the 'Global Warming' talk the govt wants to spend money on...

Obama is so powerful, he made mother nature to cool the fsck down.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942