• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

New Server Hosting Company Rate Topic: -----

Try em out!

#1 User is offline   Runamuk Icon

• Account: runamuk

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:34 AM

This company is fairly new to the market and they are putting out a good product. They offer UrT servers at a semi-competitive rate with the option of B3. The support is good(it's not 24/7) but they are very quick at fixing any issues. I got a lot of personal support via xfire from the company owner who helped me setup the B3 bot after they installed it. They use TCadmin panel which is nice and they accept paypal as well as major credit cards. They have test servers up so you can check their quality. Keep in mind that they are very new and will be adding more boxes as they get more clients. Did I mention the good personal support?

Click Here To See It!

I am very happy with this company!

Can someone please point out the irony of my sig?

This post has been edited by |WC|Runamuk: 01 February 2010 - 07:35 AM

#2 User is offline   Majorheretic Icon

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:05 PM

View Post|WC|Runamuk, on 01 February 2010 - 07:34 AM, said:

Can someone please point out the irony of my sig?

The fact that Dallas Deathmatch is 'offline'?
URBAN TERROR IS NOT COD6
AKGRIZZLY: UrT devs slaved over boiling PCs in a crawl space full of rabid monkeys with no food, for no pay all so we could rawk peeps with l337 remington skills
M0usep0d: I got stuck with the slow, heavy, weak, balding model.
ObScUrE: We should start now all to play COD and suggest Sr8, curbstomps, walljumps, jumpmaps...

#3 User is offline   Runamuk Icon

• Account: runamuk

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:44 PM

Lol I was referring to the fact that I am advertising one company in my post but have a referral for another in my sig...

#4 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:08 PM

anyone else irritated by such flashing 'pay me' sigs?

adblock doesn't get them you'd have to do it manually.

#5 User is offline   3spades Icon

•   verified donor   
    Support Guy
  • Account: 3spades

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:09 PM

Disable all sigs in your preferences.
urt.voxel.net :: Ruining your URT experience [2] weapons limited servers at a time.
Kevlar in CTF is like sex with a condom. Sure you get the general feel of things, but everyone would enjoy the game without it.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:00 PM

that's a nice solution; destroy the feature of sigs completely to avoid advertisement.

#7 User is offline   Kr0m Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Forums Administrator
  • Account: kr0m

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:40 PM

Sort of like advertising your own work via text in a signature. No cash needed but advertising none the less. :P

#8 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:04 AM

ye cause i make money out of it; i just pump my ego to a point right before reaching suicide.

#9 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:08 AM

View Postmitsubishi, on 02 February 2010 - 12:04 AM, said:

ye cause i make money out of it; i just pump my ego to a point right before reaching suicide.

Were not making money out of it for ourselves, whatever is earned goes for servers. 20 servers cost a lot of money ya know.

#10 User is offline   Rambetter Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: rambetter

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:07 AM

Running servers isn't that expensive if you have a dedicated box of your own with lots of available bandwidth. I could run up to 10 full servers with 20 player slots each on my current rig; the box cost me $1800 and the monthly fee is $86 for 1U space, power, and 10 Mbps bandwidth at 95th percentile. The only drawback I see with having a dedicated box is that all your severs will be at the same location, not spread over the world for ping purposes. As far as advantages, thare are too many to list. For example running custom builds of the ioUrTded, running cron, having direct access to log files, running any script you damn want, changing process priorities to favor your most competitive servers, etc.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942