Urban Terror Forums: Killing with the sr8 a jumping player - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Killing with the sr8 a jumping player Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Frostwarrior Icon

Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:02 AM

Hello there.
I saw the Tarquin video Carrousel of Frags

I have a question about how in 01:45 a player kills a fast jumping player. Although he sniper hits after he passed on the center of his crossfire, he kills it.

How's that can be possible to do? Its a bug? Its some of those "its a bug, but funny bug!" things? Or a real desync between the player and the hitbox?

This post has been edited by Frostwarrior: 01 March 2010 - 06:03 AM

#2 User is offline   Tarquin Icon

• Account: tarquin
  • Main tag: iCu*

Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:19 AM

that's a result of the unlagged netcode. when i shot at the player, on my screen he was directly on my crosshair. however those who are spectating me, and the viewers of the recorded demo will see the enemy's position so many ms later depending on his ping.

#3 User is offline   DJ Schuby Icon

• Account: djschuby

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:29 AM

It's quite interesting the way it works actually. If you watch a demo recorded by a player with an extremely high ping (300 or higher) it will seem that the player will snap around and aim at different locations randomly. Almost looks like aimbotting if it's not for the player snapping towards an area where nobody is.

I've tested this out a few times and it's really weird to say the least.
djschuby.net is the place to be!

#4 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:39 AM

It's technically easy to understand; the server knows your ping and it knows when it sent you info, hence it can cross-reference.

There was an excellent documentation site by the original author of the unlagged mod - that had lent code to urt - but it appears to be tragically down.

#5 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:58 AM

Makes me wonder tho, what would be required to introduce "artificial ping/delay" when playing back demos so the player entities appear more as they were when recording.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   raMPage Icon

• Account: rampage
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:07 PM

man hes nice at sr8 nice video lol he headhshot mr.banana! :laugh:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942