• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Website (Fixes) Rate Topic: -----

Answers to some of your questions.

#21 User is offline   Picard Icon

•   verified donator   
  • Account: picard

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:24 PM

Well I am wondering will there be a new theme at all? I don't care for a light theme but maybe keeping this theme but allow users such as myself to change the colors to something I can see clearly would be highly desired...
Beer Garden Admin
LCDLC Admin

#22 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:35 PM

View PostYas, on 04 March 2010 - 07:01 PM, said:

also, woekele was online a couple days ago? how true is the statement in his profile "active QA and forum member"

lol cut him some slack; he's been ripped apart here for years; he has capital to be away.

This post has been edited by Mitsubishi: 04 March 2010 - 11:36 PM

#23 User is offline   Bart Icon

• Account: bart
  • Main tag: [uy].

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:41 AM

Thanks for the announcement, and yes, I understand the work you are making and I really appreciate it, even those that doesn't understand fully, I'm pretty sure some way or another, they understand that free game, forum /website full of options, passport stuff, etc don't happen in a blink from 'nowhere'.

This is a big and great job you are doing. Reading clan's forums, I can tell the community does REALLY appreciate your work.

I do have a concern to the nickname thing because it's important for me.
The nickname and Display Name is the same thing?
I don't get it quite clear if I would never have Bart as a nickname (because it's used by bat) but I will have a 'display name', which I will use inGame. In that case, I don't understand the purpose of the nickname. Even tho, I don't like the idea of not having Bart as my nickname.

About the nazi restrictions: may I suggest that 1 letter 'length' difference restriction were applied to >4 letters (on alpha only)? that will all starts to have sense.

Bat and Bart, not only are totally different words, it has 75% length difference and 25% name difference.
Sounds like a lot different name.

Currently cases where the name is few characters (3, 4) it restricts lots of nicknames that shouldn't be restricted.

** Currently you support led and Ide and Ied and del and dei (together) but not Lead or Idea or Deal or Deli living with them. **

may with a slight change you can start support more nicknames that sounds a lot like OK.

Greetings,
Bart.

p.s.: I used my example because is the one I'm really concerned about, but actually, i know it affects LOTS of people. Hope it helps.

#24 User is offline   3spades Icon

•   verified donor   
    Support Guy
  • Account: 3spades

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:53 AM

If you're not going to make a light theme can you at least rethink all the dark blue stuff? The blue topic points in the OP make my head hurt. Just trying to read the links of topics on the new content page is an exercise in trying not to get an aneurysm. I have been limiting my visits to the forums to just once or twice a day in an attempt to keep reading but its not pleasant anymore.
urt.voxel.net :: Ruining your URT experience [2] weapons limited servers at a time.
Kevlar in CTF is like sex with a condom. Sure you get the general feel of things, but everyone would enjoy the game without it.

#25 User is offline   Rick Icon

• Account: rick
  • Main tag: GT-

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:44 AM

Check the page source and you'll see the stylesheet they're using.

I wonder if someone submitted a better color scheme if they'd add it to their styles. I don't see why they wouldn't, as long as it was appropriate and looked nice.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Yas Icon

• Account: yas

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:27 AM

View PostMitsubishi, on 04 March 2010 - 11:35 PM, said:

lol cut him some slack; he's been ripped apart here for years; he has capital to be away.

guess he has a real life, unlike us, eh?

just wanted to give him a bro hug, even tho we never got to know each other, he's a cool tomato... i mean banana.

#27 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:13 AM

come on; this is the life.

#28 User is offline   Picard Icon

•   verified donator   
  • Account: picard

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:26 AM

As I kinda said before I really just want a theme that doesn't hurt my eyes when I look at it(and make me squint), is that so much to ask? :(
Beer Garden Admin
LCDLC Admin

#29 User is offline   Yas Icon

• Account: yas

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:54 AM

View PostMitsubishi, on 05 March 2010 - 03:13 AM, said:

come on; this is the life.

o/

#30 User is offline   some-god Icon

• Account: somegod
  • Main tag: sC`

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:06 PM

View PostPicard, on 05 March 2010 - 07:26 AM, said:

As I kinda said before I really just want a theme that doesn't hurt my eyes when I look at it(and make me squint), is that so much to ask? :(

Agree completely, and it totally ruins the "look" that i have to select any text i want to read. Like this quote above, small font in dark gray on a dark background.

Whats with the dark theme anyway? There is nothing dark about URT... Except maybe it's development progress. But as a game it is all fairly bright, mainly daylight or very well lit maps, bright easily spotted player models, no deep dark shadows to hide in, and on top of that you have optional eye gear that lights everyone up like christmas trees.

So all I am asking for is for the forum to stay in line with the game, or at least give us an optional light theme as a website equivalent of night-vision goggles :P.

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942