• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Making a server on Mac Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   NoSleep Icon

• Account: nosleep
  • Main tag: [QH]

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:21 AM

View PostBetobest, on 19 April 2010 - 03:35 AM, said:

So does this only happen when you run it through terminal? or does it do it on iourbanterror + exec server.cfg or making a ded server through menu?

Via the menu.

I tried to run UrT under ioQuake3 1.36 and get a "hunk alloc" error message, both when trying to join a game and when I try to start a server.

Unless your mac is a PPC, you should really use the intel builds of ioQuake instead.

It's a PPC.

This post has been edited by NoSleep: 19 April 2010 - 11:22 AM

#12 User is offline   Betobest Icon

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:14 AM

Well try 2 things then... open iourbanterror normally then execute server.cfg (Not optimal for a dedicated server at all... but try it to see if it crashes) Or like its been suggested do it through terminal. I have a little unix executable that i made (double click opens terminal and starts server) using the code provided above ([path of ioUrbanterror.ub] +set dedicated 2 +exec server.cfg) to make it easier for myself to quickly load a server.

I dont have a solution to the hunk alloc thing you are getting.. but it sounds memory related :S
Anyway, i hope it works for ya... good luck

#14 User is offline   NoSleep Icon

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:17 PM

Thanks for the replies. I'll hopefully get a chance to try these later on in the week.

#15 User is offline   NoSleep Icon

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:25 PM

View PostKalish, on 20 April 2010 - 08:50 AM, said:

Long time ago I have made a small app to do the job :

http://www.snipersga...oUrT_Server_Mac

First time I ran this, it prompted for the location of server.cfg and my ip address. Despite trashing the preference file (in home/library/preferences) it will not allow me to change these again. Where is it keeping the information?

Have yet to see if the server crashes when others join, which is my main issue. The app worked, but so has starting the server from the terminal which is simple enough.

This post has been edited by NoSleep: 21 April 2010 - 12:29 PM

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942