• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Bugs and Suggestions list discussion Rate Topic: -----

Discussion here

#111 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:35 AM

This is probably very important, it may be already covered internally, I don't know:

Since cl_maxpackets will be boosted to max 125, it will mean in terms of 'hits latency' the ones with 125 will have a huge advantage compared to those on 30 which is now the default. It is 8 milliseconds latency of 'hits sent to the server', compared to a 33.3 milliseconds!

i.e. It's important to consider this and potentially increase the default, even if it means servers will be needing higher downloading bandwidth.

A decent solution might be to have it on 85. If FPS remains on 85 by default then that's the max cl_maxpackets can send anyway. But I wouldn't be very sorry if I saw both FPS and packets going to 125; though you don't save bandwidth.

It could be argued that high ping players can get an equal ground by having higher packets compared to low pingers but that's a pointless endeavor since low pingers can just higher theirs.

--

Thinking to remove the increase (and go back to 42) is not a solution either, since there is a huge advantage in having high maxpackets to all players: the game feels smoother, especially so called 'hits'.

--

Bandwidth savings may not be so huge anyway since client sent messages appear to be packing previous commands if they are dispatched less frequently.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 04 September 2010 - 09:42 AM

#112 User is offline   WhiteBear Icon

• Account: whitebear
  • Main tag: (Cebt)

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:16 PM

Couldn't you cap the max packets from server's side. That way if server can provide large bandwidth it can give players better playing experience provided that they have cl_maxpackets high.
So basicly cl_maxpackets have cap of 125 (same as FPS) and server provides the ultimate cap for them. And possibly add the packet thing to options with "easy settings" so even fools can do something about it. (slider or options like in field of vision)

This post has been edited by WhiteBear: 04 September 2010 - 03:18 PM

#113 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:30 AM

Not sure if this isn't mentioned, but I find it important for the operation of the sniper:

View Postmitsubishi, on 09 October 2010 - 10:27 AM, said:

No, that's actually a known little exploit: while it does scope out automatically if you explicitly zoom out in a 'script'(just a line), it will do it instantaneously; that's an advantage that should either be removed or be given automatically.

+attack; ut_zoomreset (or equivalent that works, pseudocode)

--

it reminds of the common sense exploit of painting or sticking a dot on screen; it should be given automatically.

--

both of them.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 09 October 2010 - 10:31 AM

#114 User is offline   H0i Icon

•   former FS member   
    Modeler
  • Account: h0i

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:34 PM

I will discuss the zoom with the others, and we will probably decide if it's going to be without a delay, or with a non-removable delay.

Putting a dot on the screen is not that useful, the sr8 and psg have huge spread when unzoomed anyway.

#115 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:57 PM

the point of that is that it's easier to preaim before zooming. it's an advantage, tiny.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#116 User is offline   Sgt.Vladi Icon

• Account: sgtvladi

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:48 PM

About this bug:
Above related: The fire mode can change randomly (for example if you drop your SR8 and pick a LR300 up, sometimes the weapon you get is in semi or burst, whereas it wasnt when it was dropped by the previous player).

If you pick up LR300 it goes by the fire mode you last used with this gun.

#117 User is offline   maxol Icon

• Account: maxol
  • Main tag: [///]

Posted 24 December 2010 - 04:22 PM

H0i could you add my suggestion Smoke Grenade Behaviour to the list please.

This post has been edited by maxol: 25 December 2010 - 01:08 AM

#118 User is offline   maladrer Icon

• Account: maladrer

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:09 AM

a slight bug glock level: When reloading, just shoot to get back the 15 ammunition (14 with one drawn) and do not finish the reload. also works on the magnum

ps : sorry for my bad english :happy:

#120 User is offline   maladrer Icon

• Account: maladrer

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:03 PM

Woups, sorry :unsure:

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942