• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AoW mappers support webby Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   EL_PRESEDENTE (old) Icon

Posted 19 September 2004 - 04:25 PM

just found out that wolfseye has set up a urt mappers support forum

http://urtmapping.act-of-war.de

im sure it will be usefull as theres people ready to help test yer maps and even loan a server for a testing to make sure there aint any bugs :roll:

also i know irc has been where people talk but surely if its in forum form we wont keep repeating ourselves :P

gg wolfseye im gonna use it :lol:

#2 User is offline   F for Fragging (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 25 September 2004 - 08:59 PM

Of course i appreciate wolfseye's efforts to make a mapping forum, but haven't we got two already?

We've already got this forum and ut.map-depot.com so what does this new forum add? I think it would be smarter if Wolfseye joined forces with Midgetkiller. For example, I0d prefer 2 forums with 500 users each than 4 forums with 250 each.
EL_PRESEDENTE, I've seen you posted a tutorial on that forum which covers creating a first basic map. Such a tutorial is on ut.map-depot.com already, why re invent te wheel? We'd better have all the mapping stuff centralized on one website. Why not add more tutorials and mapping help to ut.map-depot.com so that we have one excellent site with huge contentinstead of two sites with not very much content?

Again, no offense meant. But it's just not the smart thing to do. Until ETUT is released this game is dying, so we'd better have all the content and forums on ut.map-depot.com I think.

#3 Guest_Wolfseye

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:40 PM

I don´t really see, why 1 Site should be the only one. And coop with Midge, hmm, this was my Idea in the beginning of his & my first Site. But after a few days or 2 weeks he had no time, so he told me.

So, I tried my part to do a Coop work, but.... let´s forget about this. UTMD does his part, I do mine. And I think this should be my decision. ;) Since I am a total Map Maniac, I started with DL´s for UrT even on my old TLW Team Site, long ago. And this was before URBANBASE or UTMD. So that I now do the mapping stuff, what i had planed also quite a time ago, was only the next logical step. ;)

I respect the work Midge is doing with UTMD and he is going his way, thats cool. But I also do my stuff, and so far I hear no bad reply from the ppl already participating in this new project of mine.

So let´s just do that for what we do all this, UTDM, all the other sites and myself too. The Community :wink:

Wolfseye :wink:

#4 User is offline   EL_PRESEDENTE (old) Icon

Posted 26 September 2004 - 05:23 AM

well only reason i wrote it was someone asked how to get started also other tutorials i dont think they show you in any detail decent ways of building things as the biggest thing is getting use to building in caulk i learnt the hardway but i think your getting the wrong idea people want to learn and have a testing group thats what the urtmapping community is about where else could u pick up a testing group exchange ideas and use a aow test server to see how the game plays with others while getting others input either in public or private depending on how you want to do it.

it can only be a good thing for those who choose to use it as far as i see

#5 User is offline   DoctorDominology (old) Icon

• LocationDouble Six

Posted 27 September 2004 - 07:13 PM

I think there should be more than one particular site for Urban Terror mapping for this reason.

What happens when one goes down?

This happened in a way when the 6th floor went down.

#6 Guest_Wolfseye

Posted 27 September 2004 - 08:51 PM

I think there should be more than one particular site for Urban Terror mapping for this reason.

What happens when one goes down?

Exactly :)

#7 User is offline   DoctorDominology (old) Icon

• LocationDouble Six

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:00 PM

Exactly :)

Suckup

Posted Image

Plbbbbbt!

:wink:

#8 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 28 September 2004 - 01:43 AM

There was very little support for the site, so I could not see any reason to keep putting time and effort when there was zero reward.

#9 User is offline   DoctorDominology (old) Icon

• LocationDouble Six

Posted 28 September 2004 - 03:39 AM

There was very little support for the site, so I could not see any reason to keep putting time and effort when there was zero reward.

Uhh...how would you have expected the site to be supported? No forums, no way of uploading your own tutorials....the site admin always busy with something or other.....

#10 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:15 AM

well the website numbers did not reflect the work being put into the site. very few emails from anyone wanting to contribute, like the radio show, no one cared, so if they didnt care, I didnt, buh bye site, buh bye show and shoutcasting.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942