Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AoW mappers support webby Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   EL_PRESEDENTE (old) Icon

Posted 30 September 2004 - 11:05 AM

well it was more of an advert with speaking for about 4 minutes the radio thing perhaps that put folks off :shock:

#12 User is offline   Stu (old) Icon

Posted 09 October 2004 - 03:10 AM

Hey Os, you had a great website for the mappers, thanks for that. I tuned into the radio as much as possible...outstanding stuff. thanks.

#13 User is offline   Wily Duck Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: wilyduck

Posted 09 October 2004 - 07:37 PM

Oswald. You know, in running a website of my own for many years, it took a lot of time to realize one important thing.

It's not the quanity of numbers/hits to a site that counts. Every single one individual hit to the 6th floor site was a quality hit. This isn't slashdot. Nor map-center. The community that is Urban Terror and some Quake3 falloff isn't real huge, but it did matter. You put a heavy nail in the UrT coffin by removing that site. What would people think if suddenly planetquake said "sorry we feel outdated so bye"?

The point Oswald - whether you like 3rd party mapping or not, you seriously hurt the chances of getting new mappers into the community and reduced UrT's remaining lifespan considerably. Yeah I'm still pissed due to the shear irresponsibility of your act. But do you care about any of this? I assume not.

#14 User is offline   Hybridesque (old) Icon

• LocationBradford, UK

Posted 09 October 2004 - 08:33 PM

Hear Hear!

#15 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 14 October 2004 - 05:45 PM

Sorry to hear that. I had priorities in my life. Continuing to run and support a small website was something that had to be given up as I was not going to continue to put time and effort into it with too many other (more important) things to focus on. Call it whatever you want, it was my decision.

#16 User is offline   MrSentry Icon

• Account: mrsentry
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 15 October 2004 - 06:28 AM

Oswald. You know, in running a website of my own for many years, it took a lot of time to realize one important thing.

It's not the quanity of numbers/hits to a site that counts. Every single one individual hit to the 6th floor site was a quality hit. This isn't slashdot. Nor map-center. The community that is Urban Terror and some Quake3 falloff isn't real huge, but it did matter. You put a heavy nail in the UrT coffin by removing that site. What would people think if suddenly planetquake said "sorry we feel outdated so bye"?

The point Oswald - whether you like 3rd party mapping or not, you seriously hurt the chances of getting new mappers into the community and reduced UrT's remaining lifespan considerably. Yeah I'm still pissed due to the shear irresponsibility of your act. But do you care about any of this? I assume not.

Oswald listen to this man he is wise beyond his years
Every single one individual hit to the 6th floor site was a quality hit. and thats a fact!
and your Radio Show was kewl man (Don't be a Quiter) You have a very Professional voice and you know the scene. (Obiviously your love for this mod is wearing thin?) We all post here on your forums each and every day because we love this game. I have been playing UrT since 1.27 and Im addicted to it, I love it.

"it's not a Game, it's a Religion"

#17 Guest_luniaq

Posted 15 October 2004 - 12:42 PM

and we will respect you os...just continue with what ya doing...DONT listen to others!
every one rules his own world...so everyone should be respected for his decisions and should not be given orders...
"its not a game its a religion"...well we all know how destructive fundemtalists are dont we...
hey wolfseye...dont see any reason for you not hosting a forum...after all its the european side...and soon there will be manuals translated into other languages as well (as I`m currently working for the german one) and as others alerady mentioned you never now what happens to utmd or others...just check it out now!
so I wish wolfseye good luck, even though I can tell already he aint needing it and you got my full support wolfy! ;)
greets

#18 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 15 October 2004 - 04:28 PM

PRIORITIES...does that mean anything? A website and radio show are not my top priorities right now. I do not have the time nor do I want to put forth the effort to do either. That may change, it may not. The community only gets part of the story

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942