• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

tk kick Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   some-god Icon

• Account: somegod
  • Main tag: sC`

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:54 PM

Has probably been brought up before, but could not find anything through search. When a player team kills like crazy in his spawn with regular weapons (not nades or hk69) and does not get auto kicked after 3 kills, is it a bug or is it a hack?

Just asking so that i know what to set the ban duration for.

#2 User is offline   meister (old) Icon

• LocationWhere

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:27 PM

Server admin either has g_friendlyfire set on 2, or set on 1 and has g_maxteamkills set at a high amount. :wink:

#3 User is offline   some-god Icon

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:20 PM

I am one of the admins and the server is the 32 player one in my sig, auto kick on team kill is set to 3 kills. But for example this morning we had a guy that managed to get in 6-7 team kills in our spawn before i baned him for a week. I was playing and didn't notice quick enough :(. I have also seen this happen a few times before and have heard that this is a hack, but other people say it isn't. So I ask here :)

Anyway, if it is a hack then i will lobby to extend the ban for eternity and if it is a bug then i am good with one week.

#4 User is offline   DJ Schuby Icon

• Account: djschuby

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:40 PM

There was an issue in 4.0 where players somehow managed to get past the 2tk limit and tk like 10 times without getting kicked. Their teammates would fight back and always get kicked at the standard 2 tk limit.

I had posted about this a long long time ago but was also unable to find it with search.

I'm pretty sure it was some bug and that it was fixed in 4.1 but I could be wrong as I haven't played on any server with more than 20 players since 4.1 has been out, and I only ever saw the bug happen on 32 player servers.

#5 User is offline   meister (old) Icon

• LocationWhere

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:55 PM

I think DJ that it was something like they would tk til they got kicked,
then they could immediately reconnect and tk endlessly, in 4.0.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   GHOST! (old) Icon

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:17 PM

TKs are forgotten after a given time. use g_teamkillsforgettime "300" . Higher the value the longer the game remembers the TKs.

#7 User is offline   some-god Icon

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:05 PM

TKs are forgotten after a given time. use g_teamkillsforgettime "300" . Higher the value the longer the game remembers the TKs.

As i said, these were spawn team kills, so the kills came seconds after each other. Much faster than the server settings could forget. This sort of thing does not happen too often, but i have seen it happen on other servers as well. We have a ton of active admins though. They clear most of the scum away quickly enough so might be more than i think.

It is not a server setting at fault, so don't worry about it. The auto kick works just fine on all cases but this one, a case rare enough for me to ask. Bug? Or exploit?

#8 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:00 AM

TK timer persists after reconnect. Maybe it's like the kick bug where if the targeted player leaves, the next person to join gets kicked because they took the target's slot. Maybe the teamkill timer/counter is tied to slots, and you got some TKer's slot. :-P

#9 User is offline   some-god Icon

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:31 AM

TK timer persists after reconnect. Maybe it's like the kick bug where if the targeted player leaves, the next person to join gets kicked because they took the target's slot. Maybe the teamkill timer/counter is tied to slots, and you got some TKer's slot. :-P

hmm what? did you read my post at all?

#10 User is offline   ObScUrE Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: obscure

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:03 AM

it's a hack I have seen it million times before and mostly in combination with other hacks.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942