Urban Terror Forums: Can Linux client use same maps folder & settings files as Windows client? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Can Linux client use same maps folder & settings files as Windows client? Rate Topic: -----

Harmonizing running Urban Terror in both Windows XP and Ubuntu 10.04

#1 User is offline   warhammer4k Icon

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:15 PM

I dual-boot Windows XP and Ubuntu 10.04, playing Urban Terror in both. Is there a way to make both clients pull from the same maps directory and settings files (autoexec.cfg and q3config.cfg)? It would certainly simplify my life. For now, I have the following:

Under Ubuntu-
~/.q3a/q3ut4/ <-- this is where downloaded maps go automagically, and also contains a q3config.cfg file (presumably the one the Linux client uses)

Under Windows XP-
j:\ut41\q3ut4\ <-- also contains auto-downloaded maps (e.g. when I connect to a server and it's using a map I don't have), as well as another q3config.cfg file. In addition, contains autoexec.cfg - seemingly the only one (there's not one in my Ubuntu /home).

All other resources, including the Linux executable, are in the j:\ut41 directory (yes, I'm playing the Linux client from an NTFS volume - I'm wacky like that).

So how do I get the Linux client to pull settings & maps from where the Windows client does?

#2 User is offline   PyroBor Icon

• Account: pyrobor

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:48 PM

Have you tried creating symbolic link ~/.q3a/q3ut4 to j:\ut41\q3ut4\?
[img]http://cache.www.gam...9A15-FFCC00.png[/img]
It is all about fun!

#3 User is offline   warhammer4k Icon

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:59 PM

I think that worked, thanks.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942