Urban Terror Forums: Boot of Passion with all directions , not only frontal - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Boot of Passion with all directions , not only frontal Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:42 AM

The kick is only frontal now , but for example with little more sophisticated jumping sometimes cannot ( it is not possible because will fall badly or will miss the target or both ) rotate frontal & the result is only blocking u without thatone to be pushed .
It seems reasonable for me to be changed to all direction kick ( not all direction at the same time of course , just 1 but not only forward u choose the direction & everything else - the same ) , seems there are no contras or at least seems so with the info I have .

This post has been edited by Txc: 30 November 2010 - 10:42 AM

#2 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:02 PM

tk when retreating.

#3 User is offline   Haydugjr Icon

• Account: haydugjr

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:31 PM

View Postmitsubishi, on 30 November 2010 - 12:02 PM, said:

tk when retreating.

^
|
|
I think he's on to something here. Maybe you can't boot your teammates unless you do it old style (frontal)?
Sorry, Caps-Lock broke there for a minute.

#4 User is offline   Volt Icon

• Account: volt

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:03 AM

Disagree with the above post, getting your team out of the way would be the only point in having it IMO.

#5 User is offline   BorderFox Icon

• Account: borderfox

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:20 PM

.... or kicking someone in a corner to death can be very amusing
BorderFox

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:56 PM

'Speed' key works only frontal (W), you need some 'realistic' acceleration for booting.

#7 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:50 PM

View PostVolt, on 01 December 2010 - 09:03 AM, said:

Disagree with the above post, getting your team out of the way would be the only point in having it IMO.

If it only does 0.1% damage it'd be hilarious.

#8 User is offline   Txc Icon

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:34 PM

View PostDriller, on 01 December 2010 - 01:56 PM, said:

'Speed' key works only frontal (W), you need some 'realistic' acceleration for booting.

No , u don't need acceleration to boot someone , seconds ago I try that with teammate (just because is expiriment because I wasn't sure & is easy to do it , I am not usually tk ) , I right in front of him without to press the sprint key & without acceleration .

For a strong kick is not necessarily to have big acceleration even in reality , but u need it if u don't know how to kick & u haven't strong legs ( Bruce Lee gave example for a powerfull unaccelerated hit , the so called ''1 inch punch'' : , well it is prove that is possible , but I don't comment the realization of of such hit .... ) .

Think about cyclejumping ended by kicking someone , when u are turned with the 1 side toward the direction of your motion ( which is not possible now :( ) .

PS. *smile* , if u read this sry for kicking u 3 times in row , was expiriment .

This post has been edited by Txc: 01 December 2010 - 04:36 PM

#9 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:22 PM

Ok, thx, didnt tried myself -)
You didnt use mouse curving too? No sprint and no mouse, just straight forward strafing?
Because when you move backwards with S, sprint doesnt work and mouse curving, grrr, that doesnt feel like it works too (well, it works a bit ofcourse).

If you can boot someone just with a plain strafing (no sprint/mouse), then its to consider to make it possible for the backwards (S) movement too. The movement/energy is quite the same then.

This post has been edited by Driller: 01 December 2010 - 05:24 PM

#10 User is offline   Txc Icon

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:06 PM

No sprint , no mouse , in that experimental case I didn't use even Forward direction ( because the player nicked *smile* was so close ) .
The big problem is not in ''slowspeedaction'' , but in fast speed , with jumpcombos similar to that :

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942