Urban Terror Forums: Preparing Public QA testing - ALL ABOARD - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (25 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Preparing Public QA testing - ALL ABOARD Rate Topic: ****- 13 Votes

#201 User is offline   shizuma Icon

• Account: shizuma

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:47 PM

You guys should stop whining about an Alpha-release and start providing feedback instead. That's what testing is for.
Alpha versions rarely even leave the devteam, in the rare occasions when they do, they ain't even playable except for perhaps 1 level at the most. So for those of you thinking that you can drop 4.1 and instead start playing a, once again, alpharelease of a game, are either very misinformed about gamedevelopement, or you've got your hopes set way too high.

If you find problems with an Alpha, you report them, so the devteam can check those problems countra the ones on their to-do-list.

This post has been edited by shizuma: 27 December 2010 - 01:01 PM

#202 User is offline   triplet3 Icon

• Account: triplet3

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:41 PM

well :P

#203 User is offline   Pussnboots Icon

• Account: pussnboots

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:45 PM

View Postshizuma, on 27 December 2010 - 12:47 PM, said:

You guys should stop whining about an Alpha-release and start providing feedback instead. That's what testing is for.
Alpha versions rarely even leave the devteam, in the rare occasions when they do, they ain't even playable except for perhaps 1 level at the most. So for those of you thinking that you can drop 4.1 and instead start playing a, once again, alpharelease of a game, are either very misinformed about gamedevelopement, or you've got your hopes set way too high.

If you find problems with an Alpha, you report them, so the devteam can check those problems countra the ones on their to-do-list.

Agreed!

#204 User is offline   Pussnboots Icon

• Account: pussnboots

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:48 PM

View Posttriplet3, on 27 December 2010 - 11:07 AM, said:

I'm sad to say FS dev team the magnum animation is kinda a fail,the backlash of the hand is ugly(im sorry)
and it doesn't look hd even when i use a hd computer so im pretty disappointed
i use mac and im very sad so i used my bros laptop

Set the resolution to 1920 x 1080..

#205 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:16 PM

agreed. HD alpha is very rich and neat.

Actualy one of the games had alpha release i was waiting. nazi zombies portable (free psp remake of cod zombies. Pc supported too. Uses quake pro engine)

Only one map. Psp needed patch for too high ram usage (texture problem) immedaly. Very buggy (flame thrower gave excessive amount of money, zombies stuck/cliped trough walls in many situations) etc....

So yes Urt HD alpha is very good alpha release. Its even well playable and stable for some people :smile:

Even sone betas are way more worse (xreal. Not even all models were complete and only 4 maps. Ofcourrd its about what is more finished in your eyes)

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#206 User is offline   woody Icon

• Account: woody

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:07 PM

I for one,from what ive seen [cause the game doesnt work] i think its not that great.

Maybe its just me,and maybe the things i noticed are in my head...like :
-same sound,damage,reload rate for DE compared to magnum
-same sound as DE for glock
-same damage,fire rate,reload rate for glock and beretta
Passing from those technical stuff to other stuff [not because there arent other things...cause the new glock,magnum & banelli are copies of beretta,DE and spas,with different skins...not even a slight change of specs]

Characters may look nice,have nice animations...and im just saying right now that it might be a few things that we [or just i] need to get used to.
Like the weird jumping animation,after you reach a certain speed...its nice and weird at the same time.
I kinda like the way she spreads her legs [thats what he said ?]
Like those runners at the olipiads,when they jump over stuff...

The way she moves her arms...that i definatly like.
That is a nice thing,it looks like the character tryes to keep balance.
But put that on the male character,and it would probably look happy.

Still at jumps...i like the way the first grab works : pulling herself up.
But then the character looks like hes in the walls,as you can see in this clip,at around 1:07 or 2:03.

I do however thing that it doesnt look nice when the character grabs nothing to pull herself up [animation might went wrong there ?]

I have no idea why the character holds that knife with 2 hands ?
Its allready small,and handable with 1 hand.
I also noticed that it has the exact same force as the last one...meaning that it would probably hit the sky box when you try to trow it from spawn to spawn in a lower map...like turnpike.

Now,im not saying there arent any good things...i just didnt saw them yet.
The new weps,for me arent a good thing,since they are the same as the old,just looking different.

Also wondering why fr f1 wasnt released ?

That is just my opinion,from what ive seen/heard of HD.I didnt actually play the game,so thats why its just a opinion,not a suggestion,critic or anything else than just a simple opinion,nothing more,nothing less.
I'm also aware that this is just alpha,and it would probably change until a beta release,or a final release.

However,i have huge,huge doubts that FS will change the new wep specs.

#207 User is offline   Smachine Icon

•   former FS member   
    Texture Artist
  • Account: smachine

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:51 PM

View Postwoody, on 27 December 2010 - 09:07 PM, said:

However,i have huge,huge doubts that FS will change the new wep specs.

Why wouldnt we, the whole thing of this testing is to get the game working well and fun.

#208 User is offline   woody Icon

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:57 PM

I understand that.
But then again,whats the point of the new weapons ?

They do look nice,but they dont sound as nice as they look,which brings me to another question : did you guys actually used the same sound from DE to magnum&glock /spas and banelli ?

I hoped the magnum will have a bigger damage.Maybe 70% to a kevlar protected torso.
Direct kill to a helmet protected head [1 shot=kill,even with helmet]
And as handicap,a huge reload time,similar to sr8.

Or is it hard to do it?
I mean,arent there just some lines that you could change,and the specs of the weapons would just change ?

#210 User is offline   woody Icon

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:37 PM

I could be one of the few who didnt tried the game,because it doesnt work.
I have no idea how the animations actually work in normal gameplay,with shooting a running player.

However,i do hope that the hitboxes are precise,meaning that if i shot a running player in the legs,the bullets could go between the players legs [like in 4.1],cause now those legs look huge.
Now when the player runs,the gap between jumps looks a bit bigger.

Also,i did mentioned that I am aware that its just alpha,and things could change in certain departments [i.e : the menu,which i believe you guys said you will change it]

But since m4a1 is the same as lr300[i feel like m4a1 is more precise,smaller aim,smaller recoil],and fr f1 will have the same specs as sr8,i only could wonder "why" ?

You work hard on something,trying to make it flawless,and at the same time trying to keep conected to reality [giving the same looks & specs as the real thing],and then at the last moment,you make it something else.

Im most certain that in the middle of a gunfire,you would just expect the weapon to work in a certain way,you wont look at your weapons design.

Me,saying things like "change specs of weapons,make them closer to the real stuff & at the same time make them different from what its already been done" its pretty pointless,as long as i dont do anything to help.
I know that its easy to say,harder to accomplish.

But you guys already did the whole hard job.
You allready made the models and the animations,didnt you ?

Don't just put those nice skins on other weapons.

• (25 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942