Urban Terror Forums: Majic's SR8 idea - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Majic's SR8 idea

Poll: Remove the sr8 and take away PSG1 movement penalty ? (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Remove the sr8 and take away PSG1 movement penalty ?

1. Yea, this idea sounds good (10 votes [27.03%])

Percentage of vote: 27.03%

2. No, this isn't any good, but something else might be changed (6 votes [16.22%])

Percentage of vote: 16.22%

3. No, leave it and stop bugging me with sr8 threads (21 votes [56.76%])

Percentage of vote: 56.76%

Vote

#21 User is offline   mrp (old) Icon

• Locationuk

Posted 15 April 2004 - 03:36 PM

[quote name='"[FR|YsL]"]naah don't remove sr8' date=' but increase psg1 power a little.. so there will be more psg1 users, nowadays in publics you don't see much psg1 users and in wars you never see the psg1 :cry:[/quote']

i used psg in war yesterday !!!! OMG IPWNT :mrgreen:

#22 Guest_Majic.

Posted 15 April 2004 - 04:58 PM

That's what gets me about the SR8 is that it is wildy out of step with other guns damage ranges.

Yes currently the PSG has very little mp but why shoot with the current PSG-1 when a similar hit will kill a guy with the SR8?

So where does that leave the PSG?
It's got better mobility for an attacking sniper but not the stopping power 'in comparison' and you can't increase the power up from a two shot to a one shot, without putting in luck shots such as aiming for a vital you can not see or realistically aim for, can you?

The SR8 has a high amount of mp which means that most strafing shots, connected with the SR8 are purely luck which is why alot of old snipers are complaining about the recent changes to the SR8 as their type of sniping relies on very small mouse sensitivity and lots of strafing to aim.
Whilst the guys that aim with their wrist and not their movement keys are doing better.

How much luck will be shown in the up and coming release with 'the thing I can't really tell you about but you'll find out soon enough' thingy.

But saying that; a change to the weapons like removing the SR8 will be like pulling teeth as it's a devastating weapon.
Which is one of the reasons why new weapons like the Negev were introduced balanced 'low' so they can be tweaked up as tweaking down is not a very popular move and normally results in rage emails in the inbox of the dev team.

Man don't be afraid! Embrace change!

#23 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 15 April 2004 - 06:15 PM

Thread closed. Thank you, drive thru...

-Forum Nazi

Posted Image

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942