• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror 4.1.1 update Rate Topic: ****- 6 Votes

#121 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:33 PM

View PostTxc, on 27 January 2011 - 04:11 PM, said:

& what is so unsolid in 4.1. ?!
Yes , there is no '' lagreduction '' ( if I can call it so ) like in the future-coming HD , but is pretty good , isn't it ?
What do u dislike of 4.1. so much , tell us pls ?

Let me correct u , HD won't be a new game , but new era for UT .
When the first version of the alpha came out & there was the first server , I was there & there was lag , but the lag was seriously reduced & behaves pretty good with all visual extras + 1280 x 1024 resolution + 890/999 ping ( wasn't constant ping ) lagged 150 ping without visuals effects & resolution 800 x 600 ( & I usually play with 640x480 for lowest ping & lag ) in 4.1. .

Isn't the lag the ''bug'' of 4.1. ?!

My configuration is far from good , too . BTW as I remember System requirеments for HD wasn't much bigger than for 4.1. (correct me if I am wrong) .
BTW I know few people with very bad machines + even worse internet connections ( BTW bulgarian internet providers sucks at all ) & as I remember ( if final version of HD has the same requirements ) they can run it & won't have such terrible lag problems ( of course without visual effects & with lowest resolution , but they never played UT for the shiny graphic , I didn't addict them to the graphic , but to the gameplay ).

Just to say. Graphics shouldnt have anything to do with ping time since your client doesnt tell the server "oh btw im running all on max" or anything about your graphic settings (no extra packages)

Its anchient myth :rolleyes:

But if your having some serious problems with your PC (like me. Motherboard died. Ping was 10-999 at offline)

Lol :P

Also some believe using picmip lowers ping.

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

#122 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:51 PM

View Postthewonderboy, on 28 January 2011 - 12:33 PM, said:

Just to say. Graphics shouldnt have anything to do with ping time since your client doesnt tell the server "oh btw im running all on max" or anything about your graphic settings (no extra packages)

Its anchient myth :rolleyes:

But if your having some serious problems with your PC (like me. Motherboard died. Ping was 10-999 at offline)

Lol :P

Also some believe using picmip lowers ping.

But still with higher graphic settings cause more lag , yes , depends on the current machine , but with higher settings lags more , my point is that in the HD's alpha 999 ping is not equal to lost connection like it is till now with previous versions ( btw afaik 999 ping = lost connection for every mutiplayer game ) , it even don't lag so much .

Dead motherboard sounds to me as broken motherboard , which is solving with money .
Sry , if it is supposed to mean other . Your ping should be constantly 999 not 10/999 . Afaik ping is not changing so much from 10 till 999 , correct me if I am wrong .

The essence of what I said was that :

HDalpha lags much less than previous UrT versions with the same ping , system requirements won't much bigger than 4.1.'s ( if I remember correct ) - won't be a problem for the people with bad machines & connections to run it it with very low lag .
& disagree with what BlutShoT BludShoT ( oops , sry for writing not the correct nick ) said .

This post has been edited by Txc: 28 January 2011 - 02:57 PM

#123 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:58 PM

no tecnicaly i think its impossible to play with 999 ping. Still using your 3kb?

No mater, where do you play with network you choose, you cant play with 999 ping.

That have to be some twisted tecnical stuff you have.

Oh and btw. My board died, and back then had that lag. But if we take a deepper look, then it was my videocard. My motherboard has integrated videocard (not intel). So basicly when video died, the whole macine crapped.

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

#124 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:25 PM

View Postthewonderboy, on 28 January 2011 - 04:58 PM, said:

no tecnicaly i think its impossible to play with 999 ping. Still using your 3kb?

Thx for correcting me , I know , I meaned that 999 ping was displayed ( actually variable ping from 890 to 999 was displayed ) , but I just didn't say it that way , I mean that with almost 999 ping HDalpha is behaving very good for such ping .

It is similar to when people for example use words like all , but they don't mean all , all means absolutely all , but people don't use it in its absolute meaning . When they say all , they mean ''so much/much enough things of some kind '' , they usually don't mean even all of those things which they know ( & they far don't know everything of that kind ) . ''All'' means their momentary all , which works for momentary situation . So it is not logically correct to use the word all , but they don't think about it & use it with fake meaning .

PS I know what is to starve to fix your PC .

#125 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:25 AM

could you fs guys fix the bots for 4.1.1. .. when i'm offline playing against bots (yes i do that sometimes) i really get annoyed by bots not leaving their spawn location staring at the ground ... thanks in advance
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#126 User is offline   PureFilth Icon

• Account: purefilth
  • Main tag: [#!]

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:39 AM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 09 February 2011 - 01:25 AM, said:

could you fs guys fix the bots for 4.1.1. .. when i'm offline playing against bots (yes i do that sometimes) i really get annoyed by bots not leaving their spawn location staring at the ground ... thanks in advance

Bots haven't been supported for years, and afaik wont be again.

#127 User is offline   pDoGG Icon

• Account: pdogg

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:25 PM

In my extensive testing, I found two maps to conflict with ut4_ramelle on 4.1.1:

ut4_fog_v1
ut4_garten

I've tried every combo with and without both of these and any time they're in the q3ut4 directory, the textures on ramelle are missing, when they're both out, textures work fine.

#128 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:20 PM

... at least the previous releases didn't totally screw up the bots' movement ... i was able to play offline against bots like they were noobish players ...(level 5 bots though ,... not so noobish any more) ... right now playing offline is impossible ... can't you devs give me my crappy uptown bots back ??

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 11 February 2011 - 01:34 PM

#129 User is offline   Runamuk Icon

• Account: runamuk

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:42 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 11 February 2011 - 01:20 PM, said:

... at least the previous releases didn't totally screw up the bots' movement ... i was able to play offline against bots like they were noobish players ...(level 5 bots though ,... not so noobish any more) ... right now playing offline is impossible ... can't you devs give me my crappy uptown bots back ??

As far as I know any bot supported map with spawn doors is not bot friendly. I didn't know that changed with the update? They could never leave spawn on the old 4.1 and would be dropped. This occurs in algiers as well because one side has no path in the AAS for the bots to take so they just stand still. I believe it's the red side. You probably might wanna stop asking because they have made it clear they aren't interested in bot support. It would be nice if a community programmer could fix the bots for those of us that would like bot support on our servers. They are a lot of things but the servers that use them have players...Just saying. Make the community more active by supporting bots.

#130 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:11 PM

i used to play uptown in ffa with bots, spawnloactions were all over the place, so bots didn't get stuck in the spawndoors, right now with 4.1.1. they just stand there staring at the ground, when i get close to them, they sort of spot me and start moving ..

i'd be happy if any of you geniuses out there was ambitious enough to get those bots running again ... hey hey community ....

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942