• This topic is locked

Some help 'n suggestions Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   preat Icon

• Account: preat

Posted 22 November 2004 - 03:52 PM

Ok, here we go...

I did as u said codey..
this came up when I have started the app:

**ERROR: No PunkBuster files found at path /Users/Magnus/Library/Application Support/Quake3/pb

:?: :?:

#12 User is offline   codey (old) Icon

• Locationrepublic.stockholm.se

Posted 22 November 2004 - 04:16 PM

My bad - it seems that PBWeb only updates a existing Punkbuster installation, not creates a full one. Follow HornetOSX's advice in this thread and hopefully it should work:
http://www.forums.ur...opic.php?t=3302

cheers

#13 User is offline   preat Icon

Posted 22 November 2004 - 05:46 PM

:( This link doesnt work anymore

http://homepage.mac....nkbusterFIX.sit

#14 User is offline   codey (old) Icon

Posted 22 November 2004 - 07:13 PM

So it is, didn't know, sorry: Just a double-check; have you tried running the Punkbuster.pkg that comes with the OSX 1.32 installer and then immediately moving PBWeb into the 'pb' folder and run that? It could be that the fix was for a bug that's already history. Just make sure to move the 'pb' folder you have now before running it.

And that's the only thing I can think of right now. Giving you my 'pb' folder probably will not work as AFAIK it does some hardware checks when installing.

Unless somebody here has that fix and can post it or mail it to you. I've been running PB since it came out for mac and have never needed it.

There was a set-up instruction at www.quake3world.com mac forum FAQ but god knows what they are doing now. Since they went down some weeks ago they now have a old outdated FAQ file there that only have OS9 things. I hope they get up the later OSX FAQ soon.

cheers

#15 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 22 November 2004 - 07:50 PM

And that's the only thing I can think of right now. Giving you my 'pb' folder probably will not work as AFAIK it does some hardware checks when installing.

this will work. i did that many times with other linux users. and they all were fine right after unzipping the folder.

afaik pb does no hardware check at all. even if it would, it would not change the .dlls, .sos or whatever the mac pendant is.

it cant hurt to run pbweb after unzipping it though.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   preat Icon

Posted 22 November 2004 - 08:19 PM

I have got hold of the files that should be placed in pb folder.. I have inserted pbweb.app and i have exec the app.. Following was done:

Resolving www.evenbalance.com
Resolved to 216.240.146.139
Checking for PB Client updates
Game: q3a
Attempting to download pbsec.htm (please wait)
Received File pbsec.htm (1395 bytes)
File already exists: htm/ma001336.htm
htm/ma001336.htm successfully converted to dll/ma001336.mac
File already exists: htm/mc001069.htm
htm/mc001069.htm successfully converted to dll/mc001069.mac
dll/mc001069.mac copied to pbclnew.mac
Checking for PB Server updates
Game: q3a
Attempting to download pbsecsv.htm (please wait)
Received File pbsecsv.htm (1395 bytes)
Attempting to download htm/ms001102.htm (please wait)
Received File ms001102.htm (386034 bytes)
htm/ms001102.htm successfully converted to dll/ms001102.mac
dll/ms001102.mac copied to pbsvnew.mac
Attempting to download htm/wa001336.htm (please wait)
Received File wa001336.htm (75952 bytes)
htm/wa001336.htm successfully converted to dll/wa001336.mac
Removed dll/wa001336.mac - not needed
Attempting to download htm/la001336.htm (please wait)
Received File la001336.htm (44239 bytes)
htm/la001336.htm successfully converted to dll/la001336.mac
Removed dll/la001336.mac - not needed
File already exists: htm/ma001336.htm
htm/ma001336.htm successfully converted to dll/ma001336.mac
File already exists: htm/wc001069.htm
htm/wc001069.htm successfully converted to dll/wc001069.mac
Removed dll/wc001069.mac - not needed
File already exists: htm/lc001069.htm
htm/lc001069.htm successfully converted to dll/lc001069.mac
Removed dll/lc001069.mac - not needed
File already exists: htm/mc001069.htm
htm/mc001069.htm successfully converted to dll/mc001069.mac
dll/mc001069.mac copied to pbclnew.mac
pbclnew.mac copied to pbclsnew.mac

Thats all... AND STILL I cant connect any servers.. It only says that I need to install Punkbuster... One thing.. When I launch Q3 and in the menu choose multiplayer and then enable Punkbuster, it asks if Punkbuster shall be enabled YES/NO.. I click on yes of course but still when i get back to Multiplayer menu it says that Punkbuster is disabled.. Why is that?? In my q3config i have set seta sv_punkbuster "1" & seta cl_punkbuster "1"... Still cant connect to any servers.."You need to install Punkbuster bla, bla..." I really cant figure out what I am doin wrong here..

#17 User is offline   codey (old) Icon

Posted 22 November 2004 - 10:23 PM

Go to the Users/youruser/Library/Application Support/Quake3 folder - then in both baseq3 and q3ut3 folders open q3config.cfg, find this cvar and make sure it set like this:

seta pb_cl_enable "1"

Hope that helps
cheers

#18 User is offline   preat Icon

Posted 22 November 2004 - 10:47 PM

Thx codey for not givin up on me :D

I did what u said and this happened:

After i did what you told me i tried to connect to server, same thing happened (install punkbuster...) Then i opened my q3config in baseq3 and the line i inserted was changed to seta cl_punkbuster "0" but in the q3config in q3ut3 it was seta cl_punkbuster "1". I also tried to enable Punkbuster via Multiplayer menu in Q3... Still same, it asks me if i wanna enable Punkbuster YES/NO, i click on yes and still it says Punkbuster disabled.. This is getting on my nerves :evil: Feels as im very close now so i really must get this working.. As i started with in this post i wasnt satisfied with how the quality ingame was.. The graphic was very "dizzy" but when i change to:
seta r_customaspect "1"
seta r_customheight "900"
seta r_customwidth "1440"
seta r_mode "-1"
So god damn beautiful... Very slick..
So i guess this "last" thing will come any time now as well
:D

#19 User is offline   HornetOSX (old) Icon

• LocationDenver CO Home of the Av's

Posted 22 November 2004 - 10:49 PM

remove any of the commands in your config for PB you added

simply launch q3 and BEFORE you you go to UrT3 drop the console ( the ~ key or F13 for non US keyboards) and type this command " PB_CL_ENABLE" Without the quotes

Quit q3

relaunch go to UrT3 and do the same

this should fix the problem if not you have something VERY odd goingon .... get back to me if this does not fix it

#20 User is offline   preat Icon

Posted 23 November 2004 - 10:08 AM

Heya Hornet!

I did what u told me (in that order) and nope, when i connected to a public server it said that i must install punkbuster....

And I opened multiplayer menu and there it says Punkbuster Disabled and i cant change to enabled <-- this is the main problem i think.. Q3 doesnt think that i have pb installed (or something).. One thing.. If i have a clean mac, no Q3 installed and no q3ut installed.. Perhaps i have done something wrong when i installed Q3 and q3ut? U know, i dont really feel comfortable by the "way" i installed Q3/q3ut.. But i did as i was told:

1) Burn your Quake III Arena folder to a disk (from a pc) inkl. everything
2) Insert your Quake III Arena folder to your mac (Program/Games/Quake III Arena it is here)
3) Remove quake3.exe and replace with Quake3 G4.app
4) Done!

The thing is that i have not "installed" anything imo.. I have just inserted installed gamefiles from a pc.. But it could not be so wrong cause i can play but not online.. But perhaps something happened here with punkbuster.. But i got the Punkbuster.pkg so i guess its ok... Anyway, im very thankful for all the help i got here, from all of ya.. And i wont give up :lol:

(another strange thing that appear is when i load a server and play against bots i can not load casa, algiers cause of hunk alloc.. but i can load uptown and abbey2 but after the round i get disconnected and get the message hunk alloc.. I have 768 ddr ram and have set 256 hunkmegs in config) <-- 4get that one... I change hunkmegs in user/library/application Support/Quake3/baseq3 as well and now it works fine but still wonder why i have to change in both configs.. It should be enough if i change in user/library/application Support/Quake3/ q3ut3/q3config.cfg

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942