• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Some help 'n suggestions Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   codey (old) Icon

• Locationrepublic.stockholm.se

Posted 23 November 2004 - 12:59 PM

I don't know if this is of any help to you now but Quake3World mac forum with FAQ is back up for the moment. If you scroll down a bit you find a Punkbuster post and further down the 'Illustrated guide to install Q3 OSX".

http://www.quake3wor...ML/004500.html?

cheers

#22 User is offline   preat Icon

• Account: preat

Posted 23 November 2004 - 02:03 PM

Hey again codey... Thx for link, i will read asap..

One thing, when u installed Q3... Did u have a Quake III Arena disk for mac?

#23 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 23 November 2004 - 03:25 PM

About hunkmegs, you really don't need to set more than 128 mb. I think that when putting a too high figure it can mess up, but that is a faint recollection, not entirely sure it's true, but I bet hornet will know for a fact.

The mac disc isn't OSX-native, which means you just copy the Q3 folder from the CD and then get the OSX .app for Q3, no installation needed. I am puzzled that it doesn't work for you. I hope you get it sorted out soon. :)

#24 User is offline   preat Icon

Posted 23 November 2004 - 04:03 PM

Well, well... The thingy is as follows.... I just captured the red flag.. --> O N L I N E <-- !!!!! I did: If you're still having trouble with PB, copy the pb folder from this place to /Applications/Quake3/ too. (optional, but sometimes helps) And after this i ENABLED punkbuster in Q3 menu for multiplayer by clicking YES - AND the YES remained a YES!! :D

I wanna thank: codey, Hornet, Roadkill, HoboHumpinSlut, trigga, Fragomatic and Ol-DirtyBastard... Couldnt have done this without your help.. THX ALOT! Now lets all hope that the etut port to mac will show up some day.. :D

(this problem was solved together with my 200'd post.. Aint that cute :wink: )

#25 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

Posted 23 November 2004 - 06:17 PM

congrats, good to hear that you have gotten the issues solved. Yup, let's all hope that you Mac-fellas will be able to play the ET-version. But Preat, you still got the PC or?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   preat Icon

Posted 23 November 2004 - 06:27 PM

[quote name='"Roadkill"]congrats' date=' good to hear that you have gotten the issues solved. Yup, let's all hope that you Mac-fellas will be able to play the ET-version. But Preat, you still got the PC or?[/quote']

As I stated to those few macster i know.. I will never choose side.. I will use my pc for things that rox best on a pc and use my piece of art standing here what that one do best.. I do music you know so my mac = music dominator :wink: But I must say that urt looks really nice on mac (now)

#27 User is offline   codey (old) Icon

Posted 23 November 2004 - 11:43 PM

[quote name='"Roadkill"]About hunkmegs' date=' you really don't need to set more than 128 mb. I think that when putting a too high figure it can mess up, but that is a faint recollection, not entirely sure it's true[/quote']
I use 256 since I got 2 gig ram but I had that with 1 gig as well. Never seen any problems due to it.

[quote name='"Roadkill"]The mac disc isn't OSX-native' date=' which means you just copy the Q3 folder from the CD and then get the OSX .app for Q3, no installation needed[/quote']
In fact all you need from the CD is pak0.pk3 and the cd key from the label. The remaining pak1-8.pk3 files will come with the 1.32 installer which also creates the Quake3 folder in Applications.

cheers

#28 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

Posted 24 November 2004 - 10:15 AM

[quote name='"codey"][quote="Roadkill"]About hunkmegs' date=' you really don't need to set more than 128 mb. I think that when putting a too high figure it can mess up, but that is a faint recollection, not entirely sure it's true[/quote']
I use 256 since I got 2 gig ram but I had that with 1 gig as well. Never seen any problems due to it.

[quote name='"Roadkill"]The mac disc isn't OSX-native' date=' which means you just copy the Q3 folder from the CD and then get the OSX .app for Q3, no installation needed[/quote']
In fact all you need from the CD is pak0.pk3 and the cd key from the label. The remaining pak1-8.pk3 files will come with the 1.32 installer which also creates the Quake3 folder in Applications.

cheers[/quote]

Yeah, but 1gig is fairly much. I might be totally out in the bushes here. But Preat seems to have it gotten in place, so I guess my thoughts were invalid. :)

Yep, correct. :)

#29 User is offline   codey (old) Icon

Posted 24 November 2004 - 11:54 AM

OK, a couple of more comments here that I thought of.

3) Remove quake3.exe and replace with Quake3 G4.app

Again, the "Quake G4" Altivec version give better fps but is buggy - especially with sounds and crash prone, I stick with the standard one.

I change hunkmegs in user/library/application Support/Quake3/baseq3 as well and now it works fine but still wonder why i have to change in both configs.. It should be enough if i change in user/library/application Support/Quake3/ q3ut3/q3config.cfg

All com_*megs values are "latched". IE; they use the values read in from the first .cfg accessed at launch so if you launch straight into UrT thru a Applescript applet or Terminal script the q3ut3/q3config.cfg is used. But if you launch UrT from the Q3 mods menu or Only Mortal / Gameranger it uses the baseq3/q3config.cfg values at first map. Then to add to confusion when a map switch happens it reads in the values from the current mod q3config.cfg, in your case q3ut3, hence you need to have the same values in all q3config.cfg files.

Hope this is understandable, took me a while and some testing to figure out. :roll:

cheers

#30 User is offline   preat Icon

Posted 24 November 2004 - 03:11 PM

I got it codey... Kind of wierd imo.. But as Q3 came out long b4 OS x, i guess its understandable.. Anyway, it works as charm so im happy.. Thinking about quake3 g4.app.. I cant notice any bug (so far) and as im a happy fps lover i probably stick to this one, unless it doesnt start to buggin me :wink:

Thx again m8!

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942