• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sneak Peek I Rate Topic: ***** 4 Votes

#281 User is offline   H0i Icon

•   former FS member   
    Modeler
  • Account: h0i

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:39 PM

yeah, on either bit-tech.net or eurogamer.net they had a podcast and they were talking about the parts of the game they had been shown, they said it was great but one amusing thing happened, two guards were talking to each other and the main character shot one with an arrow in the head, then the remaining guard says "shhh, i think i hear something" lol, so i guess in a game of that size there will be a few amusing bugs.

Yes there's some nice new videos on youtube, they showed a lot of new things on the e3 yesterday, it looks like it's going to be a great game. I'm also excited for mass effect 3.

Smart guards sounds like a nice variation after "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM" if you steal silly things like a bowl or fork in oblivion.

#282 User is offline   RobDistorted Icon

•   former FS member   
    Animator
  • Account: robdistorted

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:45 PM

View PostH0i, on 08 June 2011 - 10:39 PM, said:

Yes there's some nice new videos on youtube, they showed a lot of new things on the e3 yesterday, it looks like it's going to be a great game. I'm also excited for mass effect 3.

yeah, looking forward to ME3 too, so cool games heading this way, including UrT :biggrin:

oh, i can honestly say that in Oblivion i never paid a fine, always ran hehe. Then for some strange reason, saw fit to brake into the prisons.

I will be checking out those new vids. Thanks for the heads up. :smile:

#283 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:09 PM

You guys shoud try out Morrowind its way better then Oblivion in my opinion :tongue:

Yeah but back to UrT :p
I dont know if someone asked it before but will be some commands like /dance /taunt etc. + animations woud be kinda funny and to make some cool binds :p
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#284 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:11 PM

View Postrobdistorted, on 08 June 2011 - 01:19 AM, said:

I think people play UrT for many different reasons - The first being that it is one of the best[if not THE best] free games out there now, thats readily available for the three main pc platforms. adding to that is a good thing, improving things in regards to anti-cheat measures and a graphics update and you really cant go wrong.

As long as the main "under-the-hood" stuff is getting done[which it is] then i see no problem with bringing the graphics upto par.

I think its the only real f2p game out there, ive seen alot and played a few f2p games and they all have microshops and in most of these games the microshop is selling owerpowered gear, so if ur not buying from the microshop u have almost zero chance to win against a player that has bought gear from the microshop, wich isnt fun at all.

And there will be a Halo 4

#285 User is offline   RobDistorted Icon

•   former FS member   
    Animator

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:27 PM

You guys shoud try out Morrowind its way better then Oblivion in my opinion

I tried Morrowind, really hard to get into, even navigation was better on Oblivion, but Morrowind was more in depth, basically you have to stick with Morrowind more than Oblivion.

I think its the only real f2p game out there, ive seen alot and played a few f2p games and they all have microshops and in most of these games the microshop is selling owerpowered gear, so if ur not buying from the microshop u have almost zero chance to win against a player that has bought gear from the microshop, wich isnt fun at all.

And there will be a Halo 4

Too True, i found this to be so when playing combat arms, they always insist the weapons in the microstore are no different than what you start with. But it isn't true. I find it particularly bad in CA too as you are basically renting the weapons for X amount of days, then you have to pay again[from what i understand]

I personally don't like it when a dev of one of these games says "well, you can play the game and unlock those weapons" then you realise that you would have to play said game far far far more than anyone buying the weapon, leaving you no choice but to buy the weapon or risk playing with bad gear, getting killed more as a result, leading to fewer XP points[or whatever is used] leading to an even longer wait to simply use a gun, of which you may only be able to use for a short period of time. silly really. - I haven't played that particular game in ages though so maybe things changed? :wacko:

I find UrT to be a great game and even better due to it being free, and i wouldn't mind donating to the devs to keep the game going[when i have the cash]

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#286 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: majkifajki

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:44 PM

Most modern games You buy to play them 1 week-1 month. UrT is played for years, because it not gives You crisis-like graphics, but it gives gameplay - You can play this game for eons, and still find out something new :happy:

#287 User is offline   wraith Icon

• Account: wraith

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:18 AM

couldn't imagine playing another game... too partial to this one... no other gameplay like it... couldn't give a shit about graphics

#288 User is offline   hellraiser Icon

• Account: hellraiser

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:36 AM

View PostH0i, on 08 June 2011 - 10:27 PM, said:

hellraiser, on 08 June 2011 - 10:40 PM, said:

excuse me, just to higlight:

nowdays there are/will be 10.000 games with stunning graphics, as those shown in the videos posted here, so I think it would be very nice havin an alternative game (UrtHD) with not-the best-graphic-ever-seen but with the most g r e a t fps rate/gameplay on earth

and, of course, don't get me wrong, the alpha has AWESOME GRAPHICS FOR A FREE GAME, that's the MOST IMPORTANT THING

You can do this with every game, it's called lowering and changing the settings :)

Oppss...thst's true.. :tongue:

but the juice of my post was: focus more on fps rate and (most of all) gameplay than graphics, sice there are tons of (commarcial :sad: ) games to choose from that will always provide the state-of-the-art graphics, while, according to my experience, a really few games with the same features of UrtHD exists,so UrtHD is the exception to the rule!!

While after all you've got to pay for most of games, hell...

#289 User is offline   RobDistorted Icon

•   former FS member   
    Animator

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:06 AM

Still no reason, upon the fps and gameplay being in the right place they need to be, to ignore good graphics.

Moving things to the GPU has given a nice performance bump, and if the extra graphics happen to cause any minor issue to the performance then simply turning down the settings should be enough.

The aim is to provide UrT in its current form[4.x] first and foremost, along with the update in graphics.

We really cant be a community of 20 people chuffed that we have 125fps and good gameplay when there is a chance of having a better looking game, with that same 125fps, and good gameplay.

There is no aim to change the gameplay, there is no aim to hit fps hard, and as said, with hopping over to the gpu, we may have better performance all around.

So can we all really afford to keep going on the CPU? in the long run, wont this effect performance more than if we hop over to the GPU? Remember: if performance is hit we can turn the settins down.

#290 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: majkifajki

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:20 AM

Some of us are using 3ds Max for making our maps and only using GTK Radiant to place entities like spawns.

For example - ut42_hydrodam was done in radiant (1.4, 1.5, 1.6?) or in 3dmadeling software?

• (34 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942