• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HK69 shell damage Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   redsnappa Icon

• Account: redsnappa

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:23 PM

What are the damage percentages for head/helmet/torso/vest/limbs when someone is hit by a flying HK69 shell (not the explosion of the grenade)?

This post has been edited by redsnappa: 06 June 2011 - 10:23 PM

#2 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: majkifajki

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:38 PM

From my experience:
If target were not moving towards shell - 20% on the body
If target were moving toward flying shell - 100%

#3 User is offline   Runamok Icon

• Account: runamok
  • Main tag: -WAR-

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:16 AM

it's 25% per hit, but you can get more than one "hit" if you aim right
-WAR-Runamok`

cyrus: "Camping" is a non-issue for a player that uses his/her head.

#4 User is offline   mogul Icon

• Account: mogul
  • Main tag: |<3|

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:42 AM

Someone (Nexu?) gave a pretty accurate explanation as to why it sometimes OHKOs or deals minimal damage.

Can't find the actual post,but if memory serves correctly,at the right trajectory the shell is able to come into contact with the player's hit-mesh and continue falling,allowing indefinite multiple hits which equals death.

Don't quote me on that.

#5 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

Yes - that why I wrote "if enemy runs towards shell".

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:53 AM

View Postmajkifajki, on 08 June 2011 - 09:29 AM, said:

Yes - that why I wrote "if enemy runs towards shell".

I can see how why you would think that. I used to think that as well.

But from my analysis and experience from playing with HK69 (with plenty of them being 'squirrels'). I ruled out that "running toward shell" was a contributing factor, due to:
  • inconsistent results
  • 100HP squirrel kills is possible on stationary target

View Postmogul, on 08 June 2011 - 12:42 AM, said:

Someone (Nexu?) gave a pretty accurate explanation as to why it sometimes OHKOs or deals minimal damage.

Can't find the actual post,but if memory serves correctly,at the right trajectory the shell is able to come into contact with the player's hit-mesh and continue falling,allowing indefinite multiple hits which equals death.

Don't quote me on that.

To be more accurate, those were just my suspicion on the cause of it.
But unless someone comes with a better theory and supporting evidences. This is the best explanation for it until than.

Here is the post with a video footage which revealed to me the potential cause of the 100HP HK69 grenade contact damage: http://www.urbanterr...post__p__309796

Here is the post with "normal" video footage confirming my theory: http://www.urbanterr...post__p__309745

#7 User is offline   Rylius Icon

• Account: rylius
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:02 PM

I think the theory about the nade not bouncing off correctly is right.

If we have 20% damage it takes just 5 frames to kill a player. Since the default server runs at 20 FPS, this is pretty much 'instant'.
My theory is the grenade 'enters' the hitbox of the player just a tad too far. 'Entering' the hitbox is normal, at some speeds projectiles will just pass through the player. (Fun fact: players can 'teleport' through walls.)
Normally this isn't a problem since the velocity will just be inverted and the projectile 'bounces off'. If it's too far in (as in Nexu's second video where the grenade is stuck inside the player) the projectile stays stuck and cannot leave the hitbox, thus creating a collision and damaging the player.
This also explains why the grenade falls straight down after the player dies; with every collision the velocity is divided by a factor around 2.
Having an estimated speed of 100 units per second, we get 3.125 u/s after killing the player. The UrT player is 72 units high, 3 units are barely noticeable.

I'll experiment with the Quake 3 source later on a bit and try to get some more results on this

#8 User is offline   mauler Icon

• Account: mauler

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:26 AM

have to agree with "nade not bouncing off opponent" and doing collateral damage 'causing death... the theory sounds plausible...

however, i think if u got hit by a HK69 grenade "point-blank" in the chest (or) head IRL you would probably be one hurtin' MF!! (let alone as it explodes within a 3ft dia. away from you on impact!!! (-;

|-KJ-|MadMAULER

#9 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:28 AM

View Postmauler, on 16 June 2011 - 10:26 AM, said:

however, i think if u got hit by a HK69 grenade "point-blank" in the chest (or) head IRL you would probably be one hurtin' MF!! (let alone as it explodes within a 3ft dia. away from you on impact!!! (-;

|-KJ-|MadMAULER

#10 User is offline   Skadude Icon

• Account: skadude

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

I thought it was common knowledge that the hk only kills on impact if the enemy is holding down their sprint key.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942