Urban Terror Forums: Bumpmapping Modifications - Enthusiastic Mappers Required - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (112 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bumpmapping Modifications - Enthusiastic Mappers Required Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1071 User is offline   Solitary Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: solitary
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:10 PM

Any chance of some kind of color correction being introduced so we no longer have to raise gamma (effectively washing out textures ruining details and intended color) in order to increase the brightness? Quake Live has implemented something like this.

This post has been edited by Solitary: 11 November 2010 - 07:15 PM

#1072 User is offline   woody Icon

• Account: woody

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:04 AM

I thought i should try this bumpy thing.
So i downloaded that archive,extracted it to URT folder,and opened up iourbanterror42_bumpy_v7a.exe .

But i had to do something wrong in that process,cause i have a unbelievable huge lagg.
I cant even reach the buttons with my mouse cursor,cause it laggs too much.

Does that suppose to mean that i have a weak pc,and that the 4.2 wont work anymore ?

#1073 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:10 PM

This thread describes a 'bumpy' issue: http://forums.urbant...ati-driver-bug/

In case the image isn't loaded, it refers to oildepot: If you open the door of one of the rooms and look at it from the outside you see a solid bright white color for the area of the door.

--

I've no idea if it's related to a buggy shader that the client simply workarounds in that way or not (making the issue 'normal').

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 16 November 2010 - 01:15 PM

#1074 User is offline   Rambetter Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: rambetter

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:09 AM

I was wondering if we can get the diffs from the base q3map2 that 27 starting his work on to the finished q3map2-bumpy. If I had the diffs, I may be able to use them to "patch" other versions of q3map2 with these additional features. There are many custom versions of q3map2 out there, some with a lot of additional features in them already.

#1075 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:59 PM

The HD client has two fat functions with big fat loops, R_OptimizeSurfaces_bySurface and R_AddDecalSurfs.

[They appear to be the main ones slowing down the map/game loading stage.]

They can be easily optimized with OpenMP since they usually go through tens of thousands of times through iterations of loops on a single call to the functions.

I've done this on ioq3-urt today, and I benchmark about 15-30% increase in performance on a dual core. It's the first time I use OpenMP though so I don't know if it can be done better.

-------------

This is trickier than I thought. Var safery requires more than just the basic functions of OpenMP and protective measures may slow it down.

It's a shame really because it's such a confined part of the engine without any gameplay going on during it. Perhaps it would be best to thread it at a more basic level (e.g. simultaneously process bsp with other assets).

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 10 December 2010 - 10:07 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#1077 User is offline   Kolossus Icon

• Account: kolossus

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:03 AM

I think that if you change the name and use a whole new texture it will be ok. Like, clone the texture file, assign a new name.

Don't forget to FIRST ask permission and THEN credit the original mapper/creator of the texture in your map-readme!

#1078 User is offline   timix Icon

• Account: timix

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:04 PM

are there any servers running maps that are bumpy builds, for the optimized ioq3-urt. maybe like an [HD] server?, if not, i was thinking of hosting one just for maps that have set up for bumpiness.

#1079 User is offline   Tizz Icon

• Account: tizz
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:15 AM

Hello guys,

I would just like to report an issue I have. I first reported this on mitsu's rebuild topic because I first thought the problem was related to it, but it seems to be directly related to the bumpy feature.

When I try to load some maps with the bump thing (r_simpleshaders set on 0), the client just simply crashes (when the loading arrives on 'loading... xxx.bsp'). Well, it works perfectly with usual maps like Abbey or Turnpike, but Im trying to test 'custom' map like the one made by skaz, one of my friends (Pandora). On this map, the client crashes : Windows tells me the program is no longer responding and I have to kill it. I dunno if it's because it's a custom map, or because it's a map specially designed for 4.2 effects.

If it can help :
- Windows 7 64 bits (im using the 32bit version though)
- Core 2 Duo E4400
- Geforce 9600GT+

Thanks if you have any suggestion. :)

This post has been edited by Tizz: 10 December 2010 - 01:15 AM

#1080 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:28 AM

hmm r_glslbloom and r_motionblur doesnt work. console doesnt regonize those commands ("unknown")

do i have to compile to use simple post process and/or motion blur (i have nVidia)

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

• (112 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942