ut4_cambridge_b1 [BETA] Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#41 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

View PostDelirium, on 11 June 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

http://gotdelirium.c...iew/cam_016.jpg

Just a little tinkering of the saturation of color in lighting and the texturing, screenies taken with gamma 1.4

Thoughts? too much saturation/not enough color? lemme know :)

looks colour washed to me, all the textures are the same shade/colour and it just make the map look bland and dull, unless your planning on adding lots of rain I think you should and more vibrant colours. (although rain would be a nice change for a map to have :P )

p.s. did you fix the buggy spawn? the red spawn is also camp-able from the blue area so perhaps adding something to block the long stretch to prevent camper/snipers picking of reds as they spawn, it makes the game unbalanced.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#42 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: majkifajki

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

Rule of 3 colors is not broken for sure
http://www.twisted-s...tut/index7.html

But you can add here and there something to bring attention to human's eye imo.

Another trick is to use small bits of complementary colors in your map. A complementary color is a color that is across the color wheel 180 degrees from your current color. In this case, red is the complementary color for green. Very small useages of red will keep add to the overall level of interest of your map - and make sure the map is not too dull.

Moreover:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by MajkiFajki: 11 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

#43 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:43 AM

Cheers for that Majki and Nitro.

I too think its a little washed, so I might boost up the color a little with the lighting and leave the textures as they are.
As you can see Majki I'm working off a decompiled version due to loosing my sources a while back. So there aren't any models to light up the corridors of the map. However I was thinking an 'Artsy' light source might look pretty cool in that hallway.

#44 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: majkifajki

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

Yeah, I'm sure you will find the way to make Cambridge look awesome. You are Delirium after all.

Map would make use of some plants here and there - like some ivy or delicate flowers. Specially flowers could add some colors without breaking color scheme.

#45 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

View PostMajkiFajki, on 12 June 2012 - 09:51 AM, said:

Yeah, I'm sure you will find the way to make Cambridge look awesome. You are Delirium after all.

+1 (but make sure you finish the damn thing :P )

View PostMajkiFajki, on 12 June 2012 - 09:51 AM, said:

Map would make use of some plants here and there - like some ivy or delicate flowers. Specially flowers could add some colors without breaking color scheme.

I like this idea, I also think a few extra vehicles, crates, wheel barrows, broken tiles, trees, bushes, fences, traffic cones etc will add to the overall detail of the map and provide move cover, and divide player movements for some interesting game play.

the current design feels very open to me and is pretty, feels hard to do any sneaky jumps and slides into flag areas as there is very little cover or objects to prevent people seeing all the way down the long stretches of the map.

Please also fix the blue spawns as moving walls is a tad bit far fetched and I personally don't think it suits the map.

This post has been edited by NITRO: 12 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
  • (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942