• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ut4_cambridge_b1 [BETA] Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#21 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: majkifajki

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:07 PM

the textures I've used in beta1 will not be the same in beta2. The map will be less orange and more white

Can't wait for next beta - I'm curious about changes and evolution of the project.

#22 User is offline   Solitary Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: solitary
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:12 PM

Few notes about team survivor (TS) I should have sent your way the other day but because of the match I couldn't really pass them on lol -_-

1. Remove the backrest on these benches (make them half benches) so they are not so campable, currently the main issue that TS Cambridge faces is the camp factor. It is a map which has fast flanks and great spawns which are often over shadowed by the campibility of the map. (this is a half bench)
Posted ImagePosted Image

2. Reduce campability of Upper Fountain. This is the position on the map which is most often camped by teams causing cambridge gameplay to slow down, if you could bring in the walls highlighted a bit (or perhaps add a fence with player clip) it would go a long way to reduce openness of this area and tendency for teams to camp it.
Posted Image

3. Open up the lower fountain a bit more. The lower fountain is a high pace, high traffic location in TS cambridge. Remove these boxes for TS and the gameplay will be much faster paced.
Posted Image

Really dig the effect on the sun :happy:
Looking forward to future betas <3
Oh also Kick Flip! Huahuaha :biggrin:

This post has been edited by Solitary: 08 August 2011 - 02:17 PM

#23 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:20 PM

@Solitary

Don't feel offended - but do You demand 2x2x2 meters box instead of map?

#24 User is offline   Solitary Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:20 PM

I'm sorry I don't understand what you're trying to say. Do I demand 2x2x2 meters box instead of map? I prefer a map which gives best league play. All my comments I've posted are based on scrims (PCW's), PUGS (pickups) but more prominently match play (CW's) I hope I don't offend you with this comment but I've played this map before you were probably even playing UrT :P

This post has been edited by Solitary: 08 August 2011 - 03:23 PM

#25 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:27 PM

I hope I don't offend you with this comment but I've played this map before you were probably even playing UrT :P

Well - if we go with logic titled "I play UrT longer then You, so no matter what I say, I'm right" we should close this board and let only FS members to discuss.

I prefer a map which gives best league play.

What If x% of UrT players don't play in FTW/UZ, etc?

I just don't like maps that goes only for full-contact gaming - I like curves, ambush-ponts, etc. Also the places You have shown are:
1) Easy to flank
2) Nade friendly

Don't try to convince me, that highly skilled players from competition plays can't use grenades:D I won't belive You :D

#26 User is offline   Solitary Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:41 PM

Generally speaking any map which provides good league play provides good public play aswell. My main point was I've played the map in many matches and it has a campy tendency which can be reduced and that is what my suggestions would accomplish.

#27 User is offline   theRipper Icon

• Account: theripper
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:16 PM

cambridge is mainly used for ts/leagues/pugbot.

so there. our opinion counts more :)
A.K.A. [idgaf.]Face(Clan Leader)

#28 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

That's enough Majki.
First of all. Solitary is right, those spots are causing camp fights and slow down the gameplay.
Those benches are a perfect example of how a player movement is slowed down by adding obstacles used for snipers to take cover.
Keep in mind we're not talking here about newbie snipers that aim for 3 seconds to kill someone, some of these guys shoot a fraction of a second after they zoomed in on the player. With such cover scattered around every player has to slow down and tip toe his way in the area.
And nading is useless if you don't know behind which cover the opponent is. Basically you're a sitting duck.
Second. Most of those suggestions can be added to a map so they appear only in TS mode.
And let's face it compared to how it used to be, public TS servers scene is pretty sad today. So whatever modification is made for the TS mode, suggestions should come from comp players.

#29 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:31 PM

First of all, my intension was not to flame or offend anyone.

Second - I feel convinced now and have no arguments left - shut up shall I now.

#30 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

View Postmajkifajki, on 08 August 2011 - 07:31 PM, said:

First of all, my intension was not to flame or offend anyone.

Second - I feel convinced now and have no arguments left - shut up shall I now.

I know you didn't mean to. And I'm well aware that written words can not reflect someone's tone of voice so they can easily be misinterpreted. More the reason for me to step in (even though it's not my job) and put some weight on a certain end of the scale.

You'll see with time that experienced players can contribute to your map more than hundreds of hours of testing on any given public server.
They know the game, they know what layouts work best for this type of a game and quite a few of them (including Solitary) are mappers themselves.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942