• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Server not using [Mod] tags in name Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   warniewsw Icon

• Account: warniewsw

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:00 AM

Hi it has come to my attention that a server IP: 203.217.24.211:27960
has removed its MOD tag and isnt willing to place it back in, it has a zombie mod on it!
and as i read in the rules from frozensands that they must display this..
where do i go to report this issue or is there someone who will speak to these guys in relation to it. i'd hate to see my fav server taken down because of an admin being stubborn.

Thanks.

#3 User is offline   Pussnboots Icon

• Account: pussnboots

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:18 PM

Without a doubt is against the rules, but the way this was written sounds more like someone pissed you off than an attempt to "help" someone. I think it's more likely to get you perma-banned from your "fav" server. Not trying to be mean, that's just how I interpret your post..

View Postwarniewsw, on 21 September 2011 - 10:00 AM, said:

Hi it has come to my attention that a server IP: 203.217.24.211:27960
has removed its MOD tag and isnt willing to place it back in, it has a zombie mod on it!
and as i read in the rules from frozensands that they must display this..
where do i go to report this issue or is there someone who will speak to these guys in relation to it. i'd hate to see my fav server taken down because of an admin being stubborn.

Thanks.

#4 User is offline   warniewsw Icon

• Account: warniewsw

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:29 PM

View PostPussnboots, on 21 September 2011 - 12:18 PM, said:

Without a doubt is against the rules, but the way this was written sounds more like someone pissed you off than an attempt to "help" someone. I think it's more likely to get you perma-banned from your "fav" server. Not trying to be mean, that's just how I interpret your post..

im actually a low level admin on the server, and dont want to see it go down like i read in the rules thing, sometimes i just wish this game was open source and none of this mattered.
anyway i will forward the other info onto the owner

#5 User is offline   Pussnboots Icon

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:22 AM

Cool cool! I was just stating the vibe I felt... No biggy sir :P

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#7 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:44 PM

View PostRaideR, on 22 September 2011 - 12:11 PM, said:

One reason why it isn't. We dont want 100s of forks of UrT just because people can and then 100s of "slightly different modes" making use of OUR assets OUR maps OUR sounds and OUR base code and taking credit for it. That is NOT what FS Started out to do 10 years ago, its NOT what FS wanted to do with 4.x and it allmost CERTAINLY no what we are going to be doing with UrT HD.

We have heard the For/Against open source many times, lets not revisit that, but put quite simply, we don't want people stealing our stuff (which some people ARE doing) and calling it "theirs".

That is why we didn't want mods, that is why we really would rather people refrain from doing it. While i respect those who just "Patch" the engine for security concerns for 4.x and don't alter the gameplay in anyway, those who "butcher" apart the opensource engine for the purposes of "Over-riding" things, bah, it's really quite rude!

What if someone wants to make an actual, proper MOD, like UrT was to Q3.
A completely different game that runs on UrT and uses SOME of it's assets.
I too hate those "MODs" but simply cause they're not really MODa. They're nothing, some kid played around to make a zombie mod or a server with spoofed pings or something equally as...stupid. No other word to describe it.

#8 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:22 PM

In the old time some players and even devteam treated jumpmaps just like the above post: Stupid.
And see jumpworld now.

#9 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:48 PM

View PostDriller, on 22 September 2011 - 05:22 PM, said:

In the old time some players and even devteam treated jumpmaps just like the above post: Stupid.
And see jumpworld now.

Jumping was a part of the game and it was only a matter of time when it will be accepted.
Zombie MOD servers are pure BS. They are one thing i can say with 100% certainty will never make it in UrT as a mod supported by FS team.
So your analogy fails.

#10 User is offline   Pussnboots Icon

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:29 AM

View PostRaideR, on 22 September 2011 - 12:11 PM, said:

One reason why it isn't. We dont want 100s of forks of UrT just because people can and then 100s of "slightly different modes" making use of OUR assets OUR maps OUR sounds and OUR base code and taking credit for it. That is NOT what FS Started out to do 10 years ago, its NOT what FS wanted to do with 4.x and it allmost CERTAINLY no what we are going to be doing with UrT HD.

We have heard the For/Against open source many times, lets not revisit that, but put quite simply, we don't want people stealing our stuff (which some people ARE doing) and calling it "theirs".

That is why we didn't want mods, that is why we really would rather people refrain from doing it. While i respect those who just "Patch" the engine for security concerns for 4.x and don't alter the gameplay in anyway, those who "butcher" apart the opensource engine for the purposes of "Over-riding" things, bah, it's really quite rude!

Where's the "Like" button??? :D

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942