• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sidearm Showdown - Magnum Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   W00t Icon

• Account: w00t

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:52 AM

I'm sorry, but this gun just doesn't look right in game...

Maybe it's just me.

#12 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:08 AM

It looks great.

Maybe it doesnt fit with a CAMOUFLAGE outfit of the players. But my guess, there will be also other outfits.
(now in urt, i dont like the camouflage, just the unicolor)

This post has been edited by Driller: 26 October 2011 - 11:09 AM

#13 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: majkifajki

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:16 AM

I'm sorry, but this gun just doesn't look right in game...

Maybe it's just me.

Could you elaborate more this opinion?

#14 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:06 PM

i was thinking "alone in the dark 2" when i first saw that gun ... this shade of grey looks... dead in a way...

bravo pointed it out already... but this gun looks a little like a toy made of plastic, i can't tell if it's the color or the model itself...

edit: watched it again .. and again .. i was being too harsh... but there's something funky about that trigger...

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 26 October 2011 - 01:09 PM

if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#15 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:58 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 26 October 2011 - 01:06 PM, said:

i was thinking "alone in the dark 2" when i first saw that gun ... this shade of grey looks... dead in a way...

bravo pointed it out already... but this gun looks a little like a toy made of plastic, i can't tell if it's the color or the model itself...

edit: watched it again .. and again .. i was being too harsh... but there's something funky about that trigger...

agree cant wait to see the final version :)
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:31 PM

View PostBRAVO, on 26 October 2011 - 03:01 AM, said:

The weapon I expected more.

To be honest it'is not completely to my liking...., the wood grip and that phosphorescent dot... :sad: it looks like a far west gun (and i don't like old looking weapons)... and that phosphorescent dot stirrup is proper of airsoft guns and some guns used for only for sports wich looks horrible to be honest.

Looking at it gives a strange feeling, maybe it's just me.., but was waiting for something like this: http://t3.gstatic.co...XOd5BRHSukFlLhe

But all fine while it do the job i guess.., more if you are going to keep working on it.

note: no intention to troll or flame, just saying my opinon, i think it can be a lot better than what video shows...

Well , I agree with you , the thick , massive barrel looks better , but I suggest FrozenSand have pretty good reason to realise it that way :

"Go ahead, make my day" , '' The most powerful handgun in the world is coming to Urban Terror! '' - that was the exact title of the topic presenting Magnum as part of the future arsenal of Urban Terror's HD series ( maybe & after HD , ''Time will bring it '' & it is a bit offtopic , isn't it ? )

It is the Dirty Harry's MAGNUM , not just some magnum , maybe because of the symbology - Dirty Harry is oldschool & so are our developers .
& Dirty Harry is turned in cult-figure for some & you know the phrase ''ye goode olde days '' (or at least I suggest it should like that , correct me if I am wrong ,please) .

& there are moments when everyhuman thinks about ''the good old days'' ;) .

Here is a bit exception , but as you can see it is with short barrel , which don't look good (just my point/angle of view ) : http://www.annyas.co...ailer-title.jpg
Spoiler

In some servers there is not much time to watch your gun ;) , it's not a big ''pain'' . I don't say that the current model is ugly , not at all , looks good .

Spoiler

#17 User is offline   OHMEGA Icon

• Account: ohmega
  • Main tag: |ALPHA|

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:18 PM

Yeah, I really don't think it belongs with a swat/gang setting.

#18 Guest_Wolycan

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:23 PM

Actually, the .44 magnum Blackhawk, comes stock with wood just like that or with black combat grips, and the phosphorescent dot. is either non-existent, orange or neon green, ive fired the weapon, major kick, but can literally crack an engine block, and was considered the most powerful handgun in the world, until the 50 cal desert eagle came out, and in real life, THAT is only a 3 shot, and is much larger than the model in game, thats more like the Baby Eagle, which dosent come in a 50 cal at all to my knowledge, but its a game and all the models are awesome. cant wait for the 44, excellent job guys, looking forward to it! ** the link pic in your post is a bad ass gun man, thats i believe the smith and wesson model, not sure which, but it LOOKS like the sw 686 357 revolver, unless they came out w a new 44 i havent seen. ***

View PostBRAVO, on 26 October 2011 - 03:01 AM, said:

The weapon I expected more.

To be honest it'is not completely to my liking...., the wood grip and that phosphorescent dot... :sad: it looks like a far west gun (and i don't like old looking weapons)... and that phosphorescent dot stirrup is proper of airsoft guns and some guns used for only for sports wich looks horrible to be honest.

Looking at it gives a strange feeling, maybe it's just me.., but was waiting for something like this: http://t3.gstatic.co...XOd5BRHSukFlLhe

But all fine while it do the job i guess.., more if you are going to keep working on it.

note: no intention to troll or flame, just saying my opinon, i think it can be a lot better than what video shows...

This post has been edited by Wolycan: 16 November 2011 - 07:27 PM

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942