• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dreaming of Nevada Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#71 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:06 AM

View PostSutaffu, on 04 February 2012 - 12:37 AM, said:

Hello I'm suta from ]Vz[ clan(www.vijfzegen.nl)

I like this game and I don't like it that tp will get replaced. This new map looks nice but it doesn't fit in urt.. why do you think people play tp right now? It's because of the awesome metro rush. You can't do the nice rush on this map and this map slows the gameplay. I really don't like the skins and guns, they look like toys and the animations just suck. I like the 4.1 animations and skins and I bet all skilled players think the same and just want an anticheat into this game so nobody can hack easily. I'm really shocked that I only read positive comments about this new map with toy skins. I prefer playing a game with low graphics instead of a game with shiny/happy graphics. Instead of showing us movies with dancing models just try to fix an anticheat and we will all be happy. Urt community is growing right now so I bet 4.1 isn't that bad. Urt 4.1 + anticheat is all we need and people who want high graphics you shouldn't play a free online game and just buy battlefield 3. That's all I wanted to say so don't try to turn this game into a shiny toy game with fail animations.

How you know? Have you ever played on it?
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#72 User is offline   Sutaffu Icon

• Account: sutaffu

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:16 AM

View PostSilverFoxZ, on 04 February 2012 - 01:06 AM, said:

How you know? Have you ever played on it?

No, I watched the video and you can see that they removed parts from the old tp and you can't do the metro rushes we used to do. If you really knew the jump, you wouldn't even ask this.

#73 User is offline   Runamok Icon

• Account: runamok
  • Main tag: -WAR-

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:55 AM

love how people only read half the comments before replying >< can't wait to actually test it!! :P

please tell me that tubs maps are staying in the game as well? even if they have to be remade D:
-WAR-Runamok`

cyrus: "Camping" is a non-issue for a player that uses his/her head.

#74 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:18 AM

View PostSutaffu, on 04 February 2012 - 12:37 AM, said:

I bet all skilled players think the same... I prefer playing a game with low graphics instead of a game with shiny/happy graphics.

I know of at least one "skilled" player that doesn't think that way....the mapper himself :tongue:

Also, this is high quality settings what you're seeing (similar to what me and your buddy Rott uses for FM's) except most(read: all standard) current UrT maps aren't designed to make full use of all that capabilities in the bumpy renderer. You can still use the \r_simpleshaders 1 to disable the new graphics settings to get your 'low graphics'.

#75 User is offline   A10 Icon

• Account: a10

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:48 AM

This map looks amazing. It's remarkable how much the graphics of this game have improved. I love the detailed and gritty look. The texters are detailed, and nicely fit in the background rather than trying to steal my focus. I wish the first person arm and glove would have that same gritty detail. The flat colors on the arm holding the gun doesn't fit with the map and thirdperson view of the characters.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#76 User is offline   kelt Icon

• Account: kelt

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

I totally agree with A10 about everything. Especially about the hand not fitting into the map since it looks so pale. I also think the characters look a bit like toys in a CoD map :(

#77 User is offline   Tizz Icon

• Account: tizz
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

View PostSutaffu, on 04 February 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

No, I watched the video and you can see that they removed parts from the old tp and you can't do the metro rushes we used to do. If you really knew the jump, you wouldn't even ask this.

Dunno if you read that already, but skaz clearly mentionned that the "Metro" place isn't finished yet. I'm not that sure you can say whether the old jumps are doable only by viewing a quick video only on a map that must be 50% done only.

#78 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: majkifajki

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

Hello I'm suta from ]Vz[ clan(www.vijfzegen.nl)

I like this game and I don't like it that tp will get replaced. This new map looks nice but it doesn't fit in urt.. why do you think people play tp right now? It's because of the awesome metro rush. You can't do the nice rush on this map and this map slows the gameplay. I really don't like the skins and guns, they look like toys and the animations just suck. I like the 4.1 animations and skins and I bet all skilled players think the same and just want an anticheat into this game so nobody can hack easily. I'm really shocked that I only read positive comments about this new map with toy skins. I prefer playing a game with low graphics instead of a game with shiny/happy graphics. Instead of showing us movies with dancing models just try to fix an anticheat and we will all be happy. Urt community is growing right now so I bet 4.1 isn't that bad. Urt 4.1 + anticheat is all we need and people who want high graphics you shouldn't play a free online game and just buy battlefield 3. That's all I wanted to say so don't try to turn this game into a shiny toy game with fail animations.

1. Urban Terror HD is not finished.
2. Different ppl make "movies with dancing models" and work on AC.
3. It has been said many times in this thread, map is not finished.

#79 User is offline   Solitary Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: solitary
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

View PostNexu, on 03 February 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

You should wait and try it first before suggesting it's bad.

Old classic maps like Abbey and Algiers has gone through considerable amount of changes in layout details over the years too.

I'm not suggesting the map is bad at all. I am just saying there are certain elements to the current version of turnpike that are not replaceable which is why it is the most popular map in the game (this can be backed by evidence all around but most notibly here)

There are certain things that will not be possible, for example:
That is a common jump I often perform in CW's and PCW's.

Again I will have to reserve final judgement until I actually play it but I would like to see the nuances of the current Turnpike remain.

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942