• Main tag: CMM|

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

still looks okay :)
Hope the terrain doesn't block any jump :D

I trust your work won't do it ;)

#63 User is offline   miikeu Icon

• Account: miikeu

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:58 PM

There's a pretty awesome looking but if i can do some comments excluding what everybody told about jumping (which is a crime in my eyes):

-The models (more the blue one) arn't really adapted to the map(s?) theme(s). That's like toys playing in call of duty MW3.

-The second thing is the "jeep" side. There's 2 things i have to blame, if i can tell it like that, the "house" in front of the metro and the stairs in front of the jeep door.
Everybody is already crying because of campers on the actual turnpike, but they'll suicide themself with these things which really help campers to camp this part of the map. You'll tell me: "you didn't try it, you can't talk", but obviously it'll help to camp as hell and it'll be crappy...

That was the 2 things. Excepted it, the map is really well made and turnpikes layouts are well kept. Great work anyway

This post has been edited by miikeu: 03 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

#64 User is offline   xandaxs Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: xandaxs

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:06 PM

Well, it might create a mroe balanced front...
With the auto-update function they can change it according to our needs :)

#65 User is offline   theRipper Icon

• Account: theripper

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:16 PM

i spoke too soon about the jumps. they are still there. i was just thrown off :P

should be fun. good work
A.K.A. [idgaf.]Face(Clan Leader)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#66 User is offline   Mr Bean Icon

•   former FS member   
    Texture Artist
  • Account: mrbean

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

View Postmiikeu, on 03 February 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

-The models (more the blue one) arn't really adapted to the map(s?) theme(s). That's like toys playing in call of duty MW3.

You would have to be more specific. If you're referring to the models themselves, then I don't know what you're talking about - the UrT theme is UTRT Vs. the Red Dragons. This won't change from map to map, and neither will the appearance of the character models. Nevada is an urban-themed map, so I don't really see how the character models look out of place.

#67 User is offline   miikeu Icon

• Account: miikeu

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:33 PM

I'm talking about the color of the character. The blue one looks fluorescent in contrast with the map itself

#68 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: majkifajki

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

I think the guts of this video is map, not the WiP models/animations and other stuff. We don't even know on which build it was recorded or how YT have distorted colors.

#69 User is offline   Mr Bean Icon

•   former FS member   
    Texture Artist
  • Account: mrbean

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:49 PM

View Postmiikeu, on 03 February 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

I'm talking about the color of the character. The blue one looks fluorescent in contrast with the map itself

Wait and see how it looks to you ingame, and if you get used to the new skins. Besides, things like this can and may be tweaked in the future:

View PostRaideR, on 03 February 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

In regard to our "skins", we the team really like them, we realise that "change" is difficult, but we are going for some different styles here. The models are lit by a seperate lighting pathway, which enabled then to be "lighter" than the world lighting. In general this can be tweaked (without comprimising) the specific model saturations. Again something that can be worked on as we alpha test how the models feel ingame.

And as MajkiFajki just said, the main purpose of this video was to show off the map.

#70 User is offline   Sutaffu Icon

• Account: sutaffu

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:37 AM

Hello I'm suta from ]Vz[ clan(www.vijfzegen.nl)

I like this game and I don't like it that tp will get replaced. This new map looks nice but it doesn't fit in urt.. why do you think people play tp right now? It's because of the awesome metro rush. You can't do the nice rush on this map and this map slows the gameplay. I really don't like the skins and guns, they look like toys and the animations just suck. I like the 4.1 animations and skins and I bet all skilled players think the same and just want an anticheat into this game so nobody can hack easily. I'm really shocked that I only read positive comments about this new map with toy skins. I prefer playing a game with low graphics instead of a game with shiny/happy graphics. Instead of showing us movies with dancing models just try to fix an anticheat and we will all be happy. Urt community is growing right now so I bet 4.1 isn't that bad. Urt 4.1 + anticheat is all we need and people who want high graphics you shouldn't play a free online game and just buy battlefield 3. That's all I wanted to say so don't try to turn this game into a shiny toy game with fail animations.

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942