Urban Terror Forums: ut4_carentan is coming - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ut4_carentan is coming Rate Topic: -----

help me choose which style I should give to the map.

#1 User is offline   IceMan Icon

• Account: iceman
  • Main tag: bw|

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

I am close to the end of a remake of a great map from Call of duty 1! One of the best and most played map years ago. mp_uo_carentan!! :biggrin:

I hope there is someone else who knows and likes this great map!
The map is finished, I just need to put some models inside! I think that during this week I will release a beta version.

Would you prefer a "world war 2" environment (like the original map from cod) or a modern one??

Please help me choose :)

#2 User is offline   lehma69 Icon

• Account: lehma69

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

I love the map and I'm happy that someones making it in urban terror :D. This map was also in cod 2 and 4 (chinatown)

#3 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

Quote: Would you prefer a "world war 2" environment (like the original map from cod) or a modern one??

Hard to say if we cant see a idea of what is modern. So i would keep it on ww2/terrorist/ramelle or so

#4 User is offline   IceMan Icon

• Account: iceman
  • Main tag: bw|

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:12 AM

View Postlehma69, on 27 February 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

I love the map and I'm happy that someones making it in urban terror :D. This map was also in cod 2 and 4 (chinatown)

I love it too and I am making it because nobodies did :)
I will keep you updated, but no more than few days and beta is out! :biggrin:

#5 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:35 AM

I loved carentan in call of duty 2, still play it on my server to this day! I cant wait to test out this beta, but now you have set the bar high for yourself as you now have my high hopes to contend with :/

I think you should go for a ramelle type feel, dont over do it with background sounds like you see in Terrorism maps, I dont think they fit the game well enough, and generally are just a distraction, localised sounds would ok i guess, like the record player in ramelle playing an old fashioned LP record song.

This post has been edited by Nitro: 29 February 2012 - 04:38 AM

Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942