• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Mapcycle Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Romanu Icon

• Account: romanu

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

Erm. I've got a problem. Now it doesn't work on my home made server either.

#12 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

View PostRomanu, on 18 April 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

Yes i restart it. I even Stopped it and restart it, but same.
For all maps after turnpike, and all weapons for all maps after casa. On my home made server worked.

then it should look more like something like this:

ut4_turnpike
{
g_gear 0
}
ut4_dust2
{
g_gear 48
}
ut4_orbital_sl
{
g_gear 48
}
ut4_train_dl1
{
g_gear 48
}
ut4_casa
{
g_gear 0
}
ut4_....

the settings in the brackets are for that particular map to load with, some setting are reset on map load other settings stay between maps. so implicitly specifying it for each map is the best way.

This post has been edited by NITRO: 18 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#13 User is offline   Romanu Icon

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

View PostNITRO, on 18 April 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

then it should look more like something like this:

ut4_turnpike
{
g_gear 0
}
ut4_dust2
{
g_gear 48
}
ut4_orbital_sl
{
g_gear 48
}
ut4_train_dl1
{
g_gear 48
}
ut4_casa
{
g_gear 0
}
ut4_....

the settings in the brackets are for that particular map to load with, some setting are reset on map load other settings stay between maps. so implicitly specifying it for each map is the best way.

It doesn't work.

#14 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:32 AM

it helps if you are more specific than "it doesnt work" help yourself by giving a better response like:

"it doesnt work because when i go from turnpike to dust2 the gear changes back to..."

what doesnt work? what is it doing and what are you expecting it to do?
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#15 User is offline   Romanu Icon

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

View PostNITRO, on 19 April 2012 - 12:32 AM, said:

it helps if you are more specific than "it doesnt work" help yourself by giving a better response like:

"it doesnt work because when i go from turnpike to dust2 the gear changes back to..."

what doesnt work? what is it doing and what are you expecting it to do?

Ok, sorry.
The gear doesn't change. Its the same on all maps (all weapons/ "g_gear 0"). In server.cfg i have it on g_gear 0.

This post has been edited by Romanu: 19 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Runamuk Icon

• Account: runamuk

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

This is a copy from the official FS Guide:

Map Cycles

Map cycles in Urban Terror have been done to make configuring them easier. Instead of having strange commands in your server.cfg, Urban Terror loads maps and sets information from a simple text file.

By default, the map rotation file is called mapcycle.txt. This file must be placed in the q3ut4 folder of the server. You can change the name of the map cycle file by setting the g_mapcycle CVAR to the name of the alternate file. For example, to use a map rotation file called mymaps.txt, you'd go to the console and type:

/g_mapcycle " mymaps.txt"

The map rotation file is a basic text file (you can use MS Notepad, BBEdit, Word, etc to create it). In its most simple form, the file is just a list of maps, one map to a line. When the last map is finished, the first map in the file is loaded and the process repeats. So, for example, a mapcycle.txt that looks like this:

ut_ricochet
ut_swim
ut_uptown
Would load up ricochet, then swim, then uptown, and then restart.
You can also use the map rotation file to set any server CVAR. The format for
this is:
[mapname]
{
[cvar] [value]
[cvar] [value]
}

The [cvar] is the name of any Urban Terror server CVAR (eg: g_gametype) and the value is the value you want it set to. In the following example, the first example has been extended to set CVARs on ut_uptown:

ut_ricochet
ut_swim
ut_uptown
{
g_gametype 6
g_friendlyfire 1
g_maxteamkills 0
}

What weapons are trying to allow? Is 48 the correct value? Is it possible that this number is wrong so the server disregards it? Did you check it on the calculator here http://www.urbanterr...0-server-cvars/ ?

This post has been edited by Runamuk: 19 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

#17 User is offline   Romanu Icon

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

View PostRunamuk, on 19 April 2012 - 02:49 PM, said:

This is a copy from the official FS Guide:

Map Cycles

Map cycles in Urban Terror have been done to make configuring them easier. Instead of having strange commands in your server.cfg, Urban Terror loads maps and sets information from a simple text file.

By default, the map rotation file is called mapcycle.txt. This file must be placed in the q3ut4 folder of the server. You can change the name of the map cycle file by setting the g_mapcycle CVAR to the name of the alternate file. For example, to use a map rotation file called mymaps.txt, you'd go to the console and type:

/g_mapcycle " mymaps.txt"

The map rotation file is a basic text file (you can use MS Notepad, BBEdit, Word, etc to create it). In its most simple form, the file is just a list of maps, one map to a line. When the last map is finished, the first map in the file is loaded and the process repeats. So, for example, a mapcycle.txt that looks like this:

ut_ricochet
ut_swim
ut_uptown
Would load up ricochet, then swim, then uptown, and then restart.
You can also use the map rotation file to set any server CVAR. The format for
this is:
[mapname]
{
[cvar] [value]
[cvar] [value]
}

The [cvar] is the name of any Urban Terror server CVAR (eg: g_gametype) and the value is the value you want it set to. In the following example, the first example has been extended to set CVARs on ut_uptown:

ut_ricochet
ut_swim
ut_uptown
{
g_gametype 6
g_friendlyfire 1
g_maxteamkills 0
}

What weapons are trying to allow? Is 48 the correct value? Is it possible that this number is wrong so the server disregards it? Did you check it on the calculator here http://www.urbanterr...0-server-cvars/ ?

48 = Snpier ; Pistol ; Spas ; Nades;
But i found what was the problem. I had to put in server.cfg the g_gear for the first map (which is 48). Now everything works properly/fine. It changes the g_gear for each map .
Thank you for your support.

Respectfully,

Romanu'

#18 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

The problem with your mapcycle is that there is a lack of my maps! :D

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942