• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No laser on the AK Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:54 AM

The laser sight no longer appears on the AK.
I'm not sure if the accuracy bonus is given, but the red dot does not show up.

#2 User is offline   Geordi Icon

• Account: geordi
  • Main tag: wip.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:02 AM

I'd like some clarification on this, too. According to FrankieV on #urbanterror, it's intentional despite it not being in the patch notes.

[11:17] Xesya i think no laser on ak is intended?
[11:17] FrankieV yes

Why they would implement this to the AK of all guns is beyond me, unless he was mistaken, which I hope is the case. If it is indeed intended, I have no idea how this fairly significant change would slip through getting put in the patch notes..

#3 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:04 AM

Bring back laser for AK D:
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#5 User is offline   R0LEX Icon

• Account: r0lex
  • Main tag: pwnz:

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

AK + Laser in 4.2 = Overpowerd Weapon ! its already good in 4.2 whitout laser . TRY IT !!!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#7 User is offline   Geordi Icon

• Account: geordi
  • Main tag: wip.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

Well it was a bug in 4.1 and it was still barely ever used in competitive play.

I don't think there's enough time to tell if it will be overpowered in 4.2 or not especially just by looking at public servers. AK still has a slower fire rate and takes longer to reload. If anything has been made OP by this update, in my opinion it's the g36. But we shall see.

I personally don't really care as I don't use laser/silencer anyways (except in wave ctf), but if you do choose to change it, it would be great if you could include it in the patch notes. At the moment nobody knows if it doesn't show but still affects it or what's going on.

#8 User is offline   r00t Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Anticheat Developer
  • Account: r00t

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

I played with AK + laser a lot and only real benefit I saw was long range precision. In closer range
there isn't much difference with and without laser. Don't think it's overpowering AK over other
weapons, just makes it more useful for specific aiming. Takes some time to get used to it as well.

Still, if you can allow laser on it again, it would be great. I used to play it mostly to train
my aim and to have chance against people wearing kev+hel playing campy style on pub servers.
It's not like AK without laser will not do the job done, just feels worse for long range (IMHO).

I think people started playing more with AK on 4.2 due to new hit system. As it's harder to hit,
it's better to do more damage and AK works well for this. But it's always nice to see wider variety
of weapons used, not just everyone with LR300.

TL;DR: +1 for laser on AK

#9 User is offline   mugumbo Icon

• Account: mugumbo

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

I rarely use the laser with the ak. I agree that weapon is a bit overpowered with it. I am on the fence.
Digdug

#10 User is offline   Reflux Icon

•   gameserver owner   
  • Account: reflux
  • Main tag: FSK405|

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:33 PM

*laff* It's the only weapon Fokker can hit with, laser equipped of course. If yer going to nerf a weapon, the PSG-1 is a good candidate. plz?

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942