Urban Terror Forums: Bomb Mode Switches to a Twisted FFA mid Game - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bomb Mode Switches to a Twisted FFA mid Game Rate Topic: -----

Bomb Mode Switches to a twisted FFA

#1 User is offline   DankRider Icon

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

Issue: Bomb Mode Switches to a Twisted FFA mid game
Tested & Confirmed by: FSK405
Server Config: Stock - Out of the box
Amount of maps in playable directory: less than 20
Server: Linux - Tested on our Dallas TX, and Chicago IL, servers

Overview
After testing several maps in Bomb Mode we found abnormal results with both stock and third party maps. These results occurred during every round played.

Results
During Bomb mode rounds the server would switch to FFA and or give the appearance the server was switched to FFA. The Bomb location markers on the mini map and in game disappeared as players health bar turned yellow. This would occur mid round, not at the end of a game or as the round ended. Although the Bomb markers disappeared you could still plant the Bomb if you knew where the Bomb planting locations were.

Our Testing
Re-executed the server config
re-started the server

Has anyone had similar issues with Bomb Mode? Could quite possibly be a user error. I have not contacted our senior admin FSK405|Reflux of these results.

Contact Information
www.fsk405.com
Team Speak 3 IP: fsk405.com
Main Pub Server IP: fsk405.com

Thanks for the assistance,
DankRider

This post has been edited by DankRider: 08 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

#3 User is offline   DankRider Icon

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 08 August 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

Thanks DankRider. I received a similar report from another server admin about TDM changing to FFA on round change. I have not been able to duplicate this on my test server. The more info about your server cfg the better. Are you using any kind of bot like the B3 bot?

Yes we do use B3. I will get with Reflux tonight and preform a few more tests. I will then provide more info along with the config we are using.

#5 User is offline   Reflux Icon

•   gameserver owner   
  • Account: reflux
  • Main tag: FSK405|

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:53 AM

BladeKiller,

I've left you a PM describing the bug we ran into. It's a long and complicated document, but I wanted to make sure there was enough information, and I hope it's understandable.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942