• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bleeding Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:13 AM

I feel that all the old bleeding values were pretty well balanced in 4.1 and are pretty well broken in 4.2.

In 4.1, every fleshy/bleeding hit would tic down 2-3%, per bleeding hit, depending on how fast you were on the quickdraw med button. Or longer of course, if you don't med immediately.

Examples of 4.1 fatality:
[denotes non-bleeding wound]

17+17+17+44 (95% damage, bleeding from 4 wounds) <--- unless you had a medpack wearing teammate right next to you, this was always bleed-to-death fatal. This is now easily meddable in 4.2.

[58]+19+19 (96% bleeding from 2 wounds)

51+44 (51 from ak to torso, not LR300 to the helmet, so it bleeds)

[38]+60 (because knife hits always bleed, even through armor/helmet)

35+60

30+30+36

All fatal in 4.1, all survivable in 4.2.

These were not ALWAYS fatal, but required immediate attention

19+19+19+[34]

[38]+[38]+22

30+30+30

[34]+[34]+30

50+44

Right now it seems that when you hit the med button, although it takes longer to fully bandage, the instant you hit the bandage button the health stops decreasing.
Bleeding to death happens very rarely now. In fact, every combination seems to be bandageable.

This post has been edited by beautifulNihilist: 12 August 2012 - 04:14 AM

#2 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

Great testing

#3 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

The only bleeding value still fatal I've found is:

[63]+36 (99% bleeding for 1)

but I'm pretty sure:

11+11+11+11+11+11+11+11 (88%, bleeding for 8; but there's definitely some bleeding in between hits, too.),

and maybe some other 9mm/negev combinations ([38]+[38]+22, all DE hits, is not bleed-fatal; but perhaps [38]+[38]+11+11 from mixed DE/9mm sources...) may be.

#4 User is offline   phd Icon

• Account: phd

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

I tried the PSG (or the make your opponent rage gun)

[97] bleeding hit, is a sure kill for me (except once, but there was probably a meddic with him).

It was not in a testing setup though.

#5 User is offline   anonimoususer Icon

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

I have not been playing enough to notice this yet. But, seeing the data makes me think that the balance of certain weapons is severely altered, as now a 38 38 22 hit from desert eagles is much less deadly than in 4.1. In sniper-pistol games, this hit combination is a very big portion of kills. Also the deadliness of the PSG vs the SR8 is much lessened as the SR8 bolt cycle will not delay the healing action enough to kill the SR8 player if hit by a PSG round in the chest.

I would recommend to keep 4.2 as it is for now, it might be interesting, but in the long run the 4.1 system will probably be better.
Pizza, Beer and Bullets!!!
pizzamilitia.com

Unofficial Urban Ferrets Member.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#7 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:44 AM

Maybe if the medic is too slow but bleeding out is not happening as fast, then increase the medic a little(already done in coming update) and increase how fast the bleeding happens. Just an idea
[img]http://i188.photobuc...n35/urt/sig.jpg[/img]
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------
All normal mapped(bump mapped) and specular mapped .|^|.
Just a few of many, and more to come.
----------------------------------------------------------------------*/

#8 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

The issue seems to be that bleeding stops (almost?) completely once you hit the med button.

The actual time it takes to bleed out with no medding seems to be pretty much the same.

The time it takes to fully bandage [yourself] is definitely longer, and already addressed and spoken about.

Medding teammates seems to happen faster, but there's some weirder issues about standing in places you can't be team medded and such.

Are these not easy plug-in-and-go variables? Was the bleeding/medic system all redone from scratch/memory?

#9 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 22 August 2012 - 11:45 AM, said:

The issue seems to be that bleeding stops (almost?) completely once you hit the med button.

The actual time it takes to bleed out with no medding seems to be pretty much the same.

The time it takes to fully bandage [yourself] is definitely longer, and already addressed and spoken about.

Medding teammates seems to happen faster, but there's some weirder issues about standing in places you can't be team medded and such.

Are these not easy plug-in-and-go variables? Was the bleeding/medic system all redone from scratch/memory?

Very interesting....
[img]http://i188.photobuc...n35/urt/sig.jpg[/img]
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------
All normal mapped(bump mapped) and specular mapped .|^|.
Just a few of many, and more to come.
----------------------------------------------------------------------*/

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942