• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[4.2] Bugs Squashed Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#41 User is offline   costanza Icon

• Account: costanza

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

View PostSilverFoxZ, on 04 October 2012 - 12:44 AM, said:

I got servers. Must be some kind of techincal issue, if nothing works try a clean reinstall usually fixes most problems.

No, what I mean is that there are hardly any server. I get servers but there are none in ts, none in ffa, none in last man standing or ctf, only a few in tdm.

Just not enough people are playing it!

Its a bummer.

#42 User is offline   LammeSnail Icon

• Account: lammesnail
  • Main tag: =KRH=

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 04 October 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

LammeSnail, is your server on a home network or do you rent a server from a different provider?

It is at me at home, but I have relative good environment: run virtual linux servers under ESXi on dedicated quad core server behind a dual core pfsense firewall on a 80/25 fiber optic (low ping) internet line. Does it matter?
Thanks for any help.

Snail

This post has been edited by LammeSnail: 04 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

#43 User is offline   Pez Icon

• Account: pez
  • Main tag: strayA#

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostRaideR, on 04 October 2012 - 10:22 AM, said:

So rather than bitch and say "back to 4.1" and make the dev team all feel utterly miserable, how about report the bugs like you are and let us fix them.

We have mentioned the animations many times, but you continue to believe that we just don't like change. So i do not support what you are doing and like 3/4 of the urt community i will continue to play 4.1.

4.1 with minor updates and auth system would have been sufficient, no need to change hit detection when HD is on the way. If the intention was to make a more stable version in waiting for HD then i don't see why you'd do major changes.

#45 User is offline   Deprecated Icon

• Account: deprecated
  • Main tag: -nS|

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

Updating now, has anyone run through some jump maps with this new infinite crouch stamina bug? Curious as to how some play, but I can see this bug being exploited like crazy on long platform jumps and the like.

Anyways, I may be in the minority, but I prefer 4.2 to 4.1 these days, so props to the dev team.

#46 User is offline   Tizz Icon

• Account: tizz
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

View PostLtStriker, on 04 October 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

We saw a lot of people trying to get in but didn't make it, probably hadn't updated yet. If the client checked for new updates automatically upon starting then the community would be less hard pressed to figure out that there was an update and the servers would start filling up much faster.

+1

Looks like there is the same issue for ser hosters, considering the lack of 4.2.002 servers around.

#47 User is offline   lebbra Icon

• Account: lebbra
  • Main tag: bw|

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

View PostTizz, on 04 October 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

That's a great leap forward, but still can't be the 4.2 competitive version since the crouch bug still here. Keep it up. :)

4.1. has its own bugs:
firing trought the trees in austria
firing trought the wall in turnpike office
sr8 bug
captain bug in match mode
big hit detection problems (mostly solved in 4.2)
and so on...

but nobody say that 4.1 is not competitive...

I guess that 4.2 is in any case better than 4.1 even for competition

aka Dead f.S. - aka |CoN|-=V0l3ur=-, Playing UrT from 2001 - RedCap bot Developer

[img]http://www.dead.it/UrT/logop.png[/img]

#48 User is offline   Tizz Icon

• Account: tizz
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

Can't agree with that. All those bugs are well known, and don't really interfere with the competitive side of the game. Until the last 4.2 update, the first 4.2 release was totally unplayable (mostly because servers crashed after 10 minutes or so). On 4.1.1, I should have seen the "turnpike bug" used like 1 or 2 times in 4 or 5 years or competitions activity. The SR8 glitch is punishable by forfeit loss, same for old map glitch bugs (on Casa eg.) that has mostly been fixed in the 4.1.1 patch.

Even now, most pcw around on irc are played on 4.1.1, and if you play a pcw on 4.2 you'll see everyone crouching around like a bunch of retarded ducks because it really seems like you take less hits that way. Not saying it's true nor it makes the game unplayable(especially in CTF where you actually to move from time to time), but that's definitively something that has to be fixed asap.

Btw, if the community sticks with the 4.1.x version, it has to be reasons for that. I'm sure the transition to the 4.2.x versions will occur slowly but surely, once all the annoying bugs will be progressively fixed.

#49 User is offline   KEYHOLE Icon

• Account: keyhole

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

thanks for the great work guys !!! Posted Image

#50 User is offline   zyzz Icon

• Account: zyzz

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

View PostLammeSnail, on 04 October 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

Thanks for the upgrade.

I applied it on my client (Win7) and everything went well, could connect to other servers. But then I upgraded my server on Linux 32bit, and can't connect to it.
What is wrong?
I can get in, but then server kicks me with something notoriety message and then get this window.

Any idea? Thanks

Had that error too but after a restart it was gone. Lucky me. :)

Btw: Please add an option to block custom color. It's nice and pretty but it annoys me. ;) Black can't be seen in score very well and switched colors are mentioned already. :)

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942