• +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[4.2] Bugs Squashed Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#31 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:00 AM

6:00 am .. still awake .. gave it a try .. got stable 125 fps .. wasn't playing on a 32slot server but nevertheless it seems i might not even have to beg for an optimized build anymore ..

if it stays that way with higher server loads i will be happy to stick with 4.2 ..

thanks for working on those improvements...

as far as i can tell .. good job fs
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#32 User is offline   Pez Icon

• Account: pez
  • Main tag: strayA#

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:00 AM

4.2.002 improved hits

ahah what is going on here?

This post has been edited by Pez: 04 October 2012 - 06:02 AM

#34 User is offline   lebbra Icon

• Account: lebbra
  • Main tag: bw|

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

+1
aka Dead f.S. - aka |CoN|-=V0l3ur=-, Playing UrT from 2001 - RedCap bot Developer

[img]http://www.dead.it/UrT/logop.png[/img]

#35 User is offline   Tizz Icon

• Account: tizz
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

That's a great leap forward, but still can't be the 4.2 competitive version since the crouch bug still here. Keep it up. :)

#37 User is offline   LtStriker Icon

• Account: ltstriker

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

View PostRaideR, on 04 October 2012 - 10:22 AM, said:

Steady... please.

I realise it took longer than antisipated for 002 (but thats only while we worked out some workflow stuff out amongst our team now we are bigger). The UrTUpdater exists so that we can have short release cycles if we need too.

So rather than bitch and say "back to 4.1" and make the dev team all feel utterly miserable, how about report the bugs like you are and let us fix them.

That crouch bug is really annoying, and it looks like a back of the knee malformed. Thats a good set of proof in the video, but a demo also would have been great as we can debug with the gamedata demos :)

Note: remember my warning to everyone about "if you can't be nice, or its not in the dev teams interest to have you around you will be gone / banned or muted" ? That applies here, so watch yourself s please.

Hey

We played last night and found everything great! The server ran very smooth and this seemed to improve the hits. Gameplay was awesome. We only had about 8 people in there at the time though so we'll see how it works out on a full server.

We saw a lot of people trying to get in but didn't make it, probably hadn't updated yet. If the client checked for new updates automatically upon starting then the community would be less hard pressed to figure out that there was an update and the servers would start filling up much faster.

There is still a slight med bug as stated earlier when too close. Try to med and nothing happens until you move out a little.

We did have one member who couldn't see anything in the server list, and another that got the same missing dll file error as in the prior release. Once she went to the link supplied in the How To doc you supplied, and installed the Microsoft C++ update, she was okay.

Thanks, gang. Great job! Looking forward to continued updates. Hope there are no problems with the Auth system. We will eventually run with it activated, but will wait to see how it works out first.

|30+|LtStriker

#38 User is offline   LammeSnail Icon

• Account: lammesnail
  • Main tag: =KRH=

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

Thanks for the upgrade.

I applied it on my client (Win7) and everything went well, could connect to other servers. But then I upgraded my server on Linux 32bit, and can't connect to it.
What is wrong?
I can get in, but then server kicks me with something notoriety message and then get this window.

Any idea? Thanks

#39 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

Small question, are the animations in this version the same as the last version? I didn't see anything about animations in the changelog in the news. Thanks

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942