• +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[4.2] Update 4.2.003 Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#72 User is offline   RoosTer Icon

• Account: rooster

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

I think you should leave the HD and work with version 4.2 and add the new weapons in the next update
Skate, Beer, and Videogames

#74 User is offline   junioramdx4 Icon

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

I noticed that version 4.2 does not support the "fun" it is not possible to use any command like \ funblue gasmask, ninja ... will add another update in the future? Forgive this Englishman used the google translator

#75 User is offline   lebbra Icon

• Account: lebbra
  • Main tag: bw|

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:47 AM

View PostBladeKiller, on 23 October 2012 - 07:37 PM, said:

You would have very low FPS if we replaced the 4.x weapons with the HD weapons. The HD weapons are more than 5 times higher resolution than 4.x which would have a huge impact on performance so people would just turn them off.

That's interesting...does it means that HD will requires much more HW resources (CPU, GPU and RAM) to be played?
aka Dead f.S. - aka |CoN|-=V0l3ur=-, Playing UrT from 2001 - RedCap bot Developer

[img]http://www.dead.it/UrT/logop.png[/img]

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#76 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

View Postjunioramdx4, on 24 October 2012 - 01:33 AM, said:

I noticed that version 4.2 does not support the "fun" it is not possible to use any command like \ funblue gasmask, ninja ... will add another update in the future? Forgive this Englishman used the google translator

No ... Funstuff is not going to be added, as they gave some complications. I can't tell you what exactly they were, but it was something very important, I think.

View Postlebbra, on 24 October 2012 - 07:47 AM, said:

That's interesting...does it means that HD will requires much more HW resources (CPU, GPU and RAM) to be played?

The aim is not to highen the requirements, as the FSTech engine has a lot of under the hood improvements over the original IDTech3.

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

#77 User is offline   BRAVO Icon

• Account: bravo

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

View Postlebbra, on 24 October 2012 - 07:47 AM, said:

Considering UrT HD will be competing with games like COD 8, Quake 9, Doom 12 or even Serious Sam 15...., Yeah, you really need all those polygons on your gun model.
But don't worry.., it will run great in any cheap Pentium 9 with 38 cores you will be able to buy anywhere for a few coins.
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE

I KILL PEOPLE

#80 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

View PostIkslorin, on 24 October 2012 - 09:47 AM, said:

No ... Funstuff is not going to be added, as they gave some complications. I can't tell you what exactly they were, but it was something very important, I think.

Nah, on the night of the 4.2.001 release there was a interview between Hoi and some interviewer.
They said funstuff is initially disabled because of problems idk, but they will try to add the funstuff possibility later when 4.2 is more stable. Something like that. FS|Hoi said that they will look at it later.
Also, its really fun to come on a server and they have some force_funstuff command, in winter all wear Xmas funstuff or so.
And for jumpers its nice to have funstuff (next to more customable models in urtHD i hope pp). There are a few big/huge funstuff that blocks visibility, but then i talk about 1 procent.
All other funstuff add to the pleasure, for me.

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942